'98 Civic LX: Identify this part

CanyonCoolMan

When I was taking apart the car to replace the clutch I took out this box shown in the picture. what.jpg
I was just curious what it is. Its connected only to the air intake but I didn't think it was a filter. I dont think it opens up either. I know this is probably a dumb question.... Sorry

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
I always thought it was part of the air intake system? Then again I don't know since all the cars I've owned or my buddies have owned already had aftermarket intakes lol.
Anyone else know for sure?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off, please write pertinent titles in your future threads as "quick question" does not encourage helpful attention. Always include your year and trim at least in your first post if not in the title because very few members will go search through your profile info like I had to. I'll edit this title for you.

Secondly, thats is the air cleaner box that only LX trims have. The other trims have the air cleaner boxes situated lower as they have an entirely different Air intake manifold, air filter box, and intake tubing.

When in doubt, visit an online Honda parts dealer, such as HondaPartsUnlimited.com, enter your info. then browse the parts diagrams to learn the names of what you're unfamiliar with.

CanyonCoolMan

First off, please write pertinent titles in your future threads as "quick question" does not encourage helpful attention. Always include your year and trim at least in your first post if not in the title because very few members will go search through your profile info like I had to. I'll edit this title for you.

Secondly, thats is the air cleaner box that only LX trims have. The other trims have the air cleaner boxes situated lower as they have an entirely different Air intake manifold, air filter box, and intake tubing.

When in doubt, visit an online Honda parts dealer, such as HondaPartsUnlimited.com, enter your info. then browse the parts diagrams to learn the names of what you're unfamiliar with.
Sorry I'll try to do better in the future

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk