Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for noticing brotha, started following you on IG. That is one SICK Mazda
Thank ya kindly. I have a build thread on here as well

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
You guys definitely know a lot about suspensions! I'm actually not that concerned about the ride quality. I know I probably should be, but to be honest I'm not a race car driver or anything, just a regular guy that likes to modify.

Now, that being said I LOVE dropped trucks. My first car was a 96 s10.. Need I say more?? Lol But I still don't have a wealth of knowledge about cars. I'm definitely still learning. Thanks for all your help.

I just detailed the civic and did a little photo shoot. I will have pics up as soon as they're edited.

And... I got a job!!
So I'm gonna be doing a lot to "Rhonda" in the near future.
I used to not care about ride quality, until I had blown shocks with shitty coilover sleeves as my daily set up and got fed up with it. Once you go past a 3-4" drop, ride quality goes so bad that it's hard to find a good set up lol, so once you find a good set up you stick with it .

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I used to not care about ride quality, until I had blown shocks with shitty coilover sleeves as my daily set up and got fed up with it. Once you go past a 3-4" drop, ride quality goes so bad that it's hard to find a good set up lol, so once you find a good set up you stick with it .
3-4" are good only on smooth flat pothole less roads

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
3-4" are good only on smooth flat pothole less roads
Depends your definition of good. I don't complain about my ride height at the drop I'm at. Only time I'm complaining is on those roads that oscillate back and forth as if it was made on purpose that it's wavy or there are bumps periodically. Those are the only roads I really complain about and hate. Everything else is fine to me, part of the low life.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Depends your definition of good. I don't complain about my ride height at the drop I'm at. Only time I'm complaining is on those roads that oscillate back and forth as if it was made on purpose that it's wavy or there are bumps periodically. Those are the only roads I really complain about and hate. Everything else is fine to me, part of the low life.
well typically for us is not so great since at that ride height the strut doesn't have a lot of travel to dampen. now if you was to tip the top a lot more inboard you can still have the same ride height with increase in comfort since the new angle allows more piston travel to dampen better

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
well typically for us is not so great since at that ride height the strut doesn't have a lot of travel to dampen. now if you was to tip the top a lot more inboard you can still have the same ride height with increase in comfort since the new angle allows more piston travel to dampen better
Well there are multiple fixes for this. Extended top hats, shortened forks, and shock towers cut so camber kit doesn't slam into it. I mean you'll never be satisfied if you expect a 4" drop to ride like stock, or even like a 2" drop lol.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Well there are multiple fixes for this. Extended top hats, shortened forks, and shock towers cut so camber kit doesn't slam into it. I mean you'll never be satisfied if you expect a 4" drop to ride like stock, or even like a 2" drop lol.
yea but another alternative would be getting air suspension

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
There is a house 2 blocks from me that has old Beatle and e36 on bags. Bags are just as common over in Europe

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Once you go bags you will never want a static vehicle ever again.
I believe that in order to be low you need to be static. Bags (in my opinion) seem like they are only for 'show' cars and not for the daily driver. To me, being low means being static and having to deal with everyday struggles of what roads to choose, broke exhausts, etc. Of course there is a very small minority of people who think like I do, and are mostly related to Japanese VIP style cars.

Now let the bagged people begin arguing with me lololol.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe that in order to be low you need to be static. Bags (in my opinion) seem like they are only for 'show' cars and not for the daily driver. To me, being low means being static and having to deal with everyday struggles of what roads to choose, broke exhausts, etc. Of course there is a very small minority of people who think like I do, and are mostly related to Japanese VIP style cars.

Now let the bagged people begin arguing with me lololol.
Just cuz you have never owned a bagged vehicle. It's something that can't be explained

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Just cuz you have never owned a bagged vehicle. It's something that can't be explained
Not at all actually. In all honesty I don't think being low and being able to adjust your ride height with one button should go together. Whether it's bags, hydraulics, whatever. Like I said bash me all you want, the VIP movement it's a small one, but some of us are still involved in it.
That's my last post for the bags vs static talk on here since this is someone's build thread.

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Not at all actually. In all honesty I don't think being low and being able to adjust your ride height with one button should go together. Whether it's bags, hydraulics, whatever. Like I said bash me all you want, the VIP movement it's a small one, but some of us are still involved in it.
That's my last post for the bags vs static talk on here since this is someone's build thread.
s**t man, I don't mind. Post about whatever you want on here, I appreciate the concern tho

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
I personally think bags are dope.
But I'll take coils too.
Low is the way to go