My 97 Turbo Coupe

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
almost forgot how annoying those AN fitting are to put together.... took me few hrs of really really struggling to get that 90 fitting on the new line.... the black one is slightly different then the red/blue ones. the red/blue ones goes on with less struggle. i'll take another picture of the oil drain line. it still some how get a dip before getting into the oil pan this might cause oiling issue down the line where the oil might back up into the turbo and causing it to smoke alittle.. this is when i really wish i had another 90 would solve all my line problem.

I miss my boosted Civic, it was so much fun to drive lol.

I'd get whatever clearance you can, that pan is pretty low! I only got as low as a flat downpipe :lol:
yep now this whole downpipe situation is still getting to me its a really tight space for traditional route or bumper exit. still have somewhat of a decent space for it. hood exit is the only setup where it doesn't interfere with anything at all and wouldn't need to modifiy to make space. if i had known this issue with bottom mounts/ ramhorns, i woulda went with top mount :( stupid me... shoulda went with topmount manifold all this space issue won't be so much of a problem....my friend suggested using EF radiators since they can sit in that space between stock radiator location and intercooler. but its full width....

what sucks even more is that if i had those dual core aluminum radiators which is a bit bigger in size i would have less space. no before i can go wit the up pipe i would have to make something work for heavy rainy days where the car has to be parked for a while.. but if those stock radiator mount brackets wasn't at that spot i would probalby have much better time doing a traditional route to the back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Found a better solution to my oil drain line and have to make it very short image.jpg

Another no go....unless if the drain was set at 75 outward... Usually the best ideal would be the drain port pointing vertically downward...

For now since I'm going with hood exit I'll just route it this way image.jpg

Line ready to be assembled again for the 4th time lol image.jpg

Getting these fittings on are massive pain in the ass to do image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Here is the line back on
image.jpg

Started raining again so had to wrap up

not much going except my friend wanted to take a quick snap of me and Tiffany(my car) lol. but tomorrow decided i'm going to see about getting my radiator mounted at the angle i had it before as a permanent orientation.

IMG_0353.JPG

Another snowy day :/

image.jpeg

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thank you for remindingme how I dont miss those snowy Kentucky days when I'd fibd my car burried under several inches of snow.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
ooh lol let me be picky and say you were missing a comma lol. With no comma it read like sand got everywhere and was cold -.- lololol
lol yea

pretty cold outside and its 26* with some crazy wind making it really really cold. but on the less a friend of m decided he wanted to trade his wheels today of all other days for his XXR 531 platinum color as they call it. but i am liking the polished wheels on the car giving it a fresher blingy look to it. they do got some curb rashes on the lip but that can be fixed and since i'm also getting brand new tires with them as well. forgot to look at the offset when the wheels before putting them on but these are also 1in wider then mine as well my white konig was 15x7 these XXR 531 are 15x8 with ??offset with same size tires 195/45r 15s

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
I like how those look on your car actually! better than the old ones tbh. Those XXR's are +20 offset btw:

Also let the hating comments begin on how those are reps/fake/etc... lol

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I like how those look on your car actually! better than the old ones tbh. Those XXR's are +20 offset btw:

Also let the hating comments begin on how those are reps/fake/etc... lol
ohh plus 20. yea the spoke design looks way better then the retracks.. i'm actually glad i did the trade. but now someday i'll find antoher set of polished wheels with bigger lip and wider around 9in wide. yea i never get the whole fake/recplica. but you know if you really look at them they're not actually replica few minor details are completely different and XXR, rota, and konigs are good companies that make quality wheels. i've seen wheels like BBS, HRE, and other high price tag wheels break like cheap shitty ones.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
ohh plus 20. yea the spoke design looks way better then the retracks.. i'm actually glad i did the trade. but now someday i'll find antoher set of polished wheels with bigger lip and wider around 9in wide. yea i never get the whole fake/recplica. but you know if you really look at them they're not actually replica few minor details are completely different and XXR, rota, and konigs are good companies that make quality wheels. i've seen wheels like BBS, HRE, and other high price tag wheels break like cheap shitty ones.
Oh I'm right there with ya, I don't mind fake wheels at all SPECIALLY on a car that isn't worth much in the first place (not specifically talking about my own car). Wheels already get stolen easily off of a Honda already, picture if you are rocking some 2k wheels...
Maybe when I get a "real car" aka an expensive beamer or a newer gti I'd think about getting real wheels lol. But i'd never put real wheels on a Honda.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Oh I'm right there with ya, I don't mind fake wheels at all SPECIALLY on a car that isn't worth much in the first place (not specifically talking about my own car). Wheels already get stolen easily off of a Honda already, picture if you are rocking some 2k wheels...
Maybe when I get a "real car" aka an expensive beamer or a newer gti I'd think about getting real wheels lol. But i'd never put real wheels on a Honda.
well depends if the car is not going to be fast or anything else yea. but i'll have nice expensive/rare sets soon when they come around.. i never understood the whole"real car" thing and usually by standards of what "real car" is, nearly 95% of the cars doesn't actually fit that unless your rocking lambos and Ferrari and they only say it a "real car" only on the sole fact that its not a honda....

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
well depends if the car is not going to be fast or anything else yea. but i'll have nice expensive/rare sets soon when they come around.. i never understood the whole"real car" thing and usually by standards of what "real car" is, nearly 95% of the cars doesn't actually fit that unless your rocking lambos and Ferrari and they only say it a "real car" only on the sole fact that its not a honda....
By real car I PERSONALLY mean a car that is more 'contemporary' aka newer, and has higher stock features than my rusty 97 Civic lol. Other people usually mean it as an expensive car, or something that is more sporty of some sense I think.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
quick update from yesterday since i was super busy doing bunch of suspension on 3 different cars. ended up trading my blackworksracing SS coilovers for D2 RS coilovers from the same friend that i traded wheels. they are used but in great shape. he just didn't like it and was too stiff for him and he needed coilovers with softer spring rates. later in the day afterwards was replacing the blown Tien coilovers on the S14 with the HKS hipermax RS. ended up running into a problem where the spindle bolts was frozen in and wouldn't budge for s**t. will take some pictures when i get the chance
IMG_0394.JPG

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I use to have D2 RS on my Integra, how do you like em?
its better suited for my setup the extra adjustments on the damping came pretty handy my swap weights abit more then the b series which he had..... he was just here not to long ago cause he wanted to go down another 1/2in in the fronts and i forgot to take pictures of my old wheels on his. he has the same car as i do except he has way better paint(custom black with blue metallic flakes in the paint)

its pretty cold outside...36 degress and i was thinking about lowering the d2 more my friend didn't want any slack on the preload and i just left them as is since i was press for times yesterday when i swapped the suspension

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Oh yea the D2 RS have dampening I forgot! I'm in LOVE with dampening.. I really don't ever want to get another set up without it, unless it's something like Broadway Static (which I'm sure would offer it as long as I'm willing to pay for it lol).

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Oh yea the D2 RS have dampening I forgot! I'm in LOVE with dampening.. I really don't ever want to get another set up without it, unless it's something like Broadway Static (which I'm sure would offer it as long as I'm willing to pay for it lol).
yea just got done dropping the fronts but now i came up to a problem where my top collar is frozen on the body on the rear driver side coilover..... i shoulda realized this when i seen the deep monkey wrench marks on the collar and this one seem to look the most dirtiest/beatup looking then the other one the rear passanger one is still pretty clean and was easy loosing the collars....

There is pic of the other car fresh stock ls swap
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg