2006 IMA Civic idles rough only when cold

Jeep Daddy

As the title states, my 2006 Civic Hybrid 1.3L engine idles rough when cold. As soon as it reaches temp it smooths out and runs like a swiss watch. Could it be the CAI sensor, IAC, EGR, or some other sensor? It's not throwing any codes other than it's time for some maintenance B123. Thanks in advance for any info.

JD

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What does "IMA" stand for?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What does "IMA" stand for?
You could have googled that within the time it took you to ask.. quicker reply too ;)
(just giving you s**t :lol:)

8th gens don't have IACV so you can rule that out at least. Though hybrid motor may be different, I have no idea.

Jeep Daddy

You could have googled that within the time it took you to ask.. quicker reply too ;)

8th gens don't have IACV so you can rule that out at least. Though hybrid motor may be different, I have no idea.
No IAC? It seems to be something that has to do with being in closed loop condition when cold. Something it probably making it go rich or something like that. It's got the right rpm, it's just rough. It's more noticeable when put in gear. But as soon as it's warm, smooth! I doubt it's a bad motor mount since it really doesn't have enough power to break one. LOL

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, he could've not assumed that everyone knows what that is, being that he has an uncommon hybrid, and written it into his post instead to be clear for everyone.

So sh*t has been returned to sender. Booyah! LQTM