Modified exhaust ticket help

justintaken

So I got a ticket for modified exhaust and I scheduled a appointment for a db check, I did some research and found out that they check up to 6000 rpm the problem with that is I have my two step setup at 5000 rpm so what should I do? Should I tell the guy that my redline is at 5k or what do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitesedan

Respected
5+ Year Member
Don't always believe what others say on the forums. The link below will explain how the test to preformed, this was taken from CHP bulletin.

When I was at the REF'ed station last year, I believe it was $100 for the certificate of certification.

http://www.bobsmuffler.com/noise.htm

justintaken

Don't always believe what others say on the forums. The link below will explain how the test to preformed, this was taken from CHP bulletin.

When I was at the REF'ed station last year, I believe it was $100 for the certificate of certification.

http://www.bobsmuffler.com/noise.htm
Was the test on rollers or from a dead stop on neutral, I'm in Los Angeles by the way, and thank you

whitesedan

Respected
5+ Year Member
Was the test on rollers or from a dead stop on neutral, I'm in Los Angeles by the way, and thank you

I never gotten a modified exhaust ticket as I've either run a stock or a low profile exhaust.

Since I was on site to get my car BAR'ed for my swap, I asked since it was posted on their board of fee's.

From what I read, your Car will be parked, in neutral, open area and rev'ed/hold at 3/4 of redline RPM.

justintaken

I never gotten a modified exhaust ticket as I've either run a stock or a low profile exhaust.

Since I was on site to get my car BAR'ed for my swap, I asked since it was posted on their board of fee's.

From what I read, your Car will be parked, in neutral, open area and rev'ed/hold at 3/4 of redline RPM.
Dang, well looks like I'm going to need to buy the stock Ecu