Cold Start Problem

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What you should have done was get a 12v battery and connect wires to the injectors for a split second at a time to pulse them while spraying brake cleaner or that deep creep into the injector, that would have done much more than just cleaning the tips

daperez13

Respected
This may seem unrelated but have you checked compression on all cylinders?
- You can buy a Haynes manual (at the very least) and rent a compressor gauge from an auto parts store like Auto Zone, follow the directions and record your findings.

When you leave for work in the morning, do you let the car warm up to normal operating temperature or do you immediately take off?

lo-n-slo

Did you also use the Deep Creep to clean the intake? Remember I suggested to consider using this in place of the Top-Engine cleaner, meaning using this as that can instructs.
No I did not. I read the can and it mentioned using a vacuum line to introduce the Sea Foam into the top end, but it said only a knowledgeable mechanic should do it, which I clearly am not, lol. Last thing I want to do is damage the motor somehow.

This may seem unrelated but have you checked compression on all cylinders?
- You can buy a Haynes manual (at the very least) and rent a compressor gauge from an auto parts store like Auto Zone, follow the directions and record your findings.

When you leave for work in the morning, do you let the car warm up to normal operating temperature or do you immediately take off?
I have not checked compression. And if it's cold out, I always warm the car up before driving.

What you should have done was get a 12v battery and connect wires to the injectors for a split second at a time to pulse them while spraying brake cleaner or that deep creep into the injector, that would have done much more than just cleaning the tips
I'm sure you're right, but I don't know how to do that, so I just sprayed them and let it soak for a couple hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I'm sure you're right, but I don't know how to do that, so I just sprayed them and let it soak for a couple hours.
just get extra plug or extra wires power and negative/ground

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's simple, there's at least 10 videos on YouTube showing how to do it

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@lo-n-slo, you need to get in the habit of asking more questions and researching more. All you had to do was ask about the SeaFoam suggestion and myself & @mc360 would advised you accordingly. That, or a brief google search couldve helped.

I suggest you still do both our suggestions. I assume you still have some Deep Creep, so get the Top Engine cleaner and follow the directions to the tee, perhaps only letting it set in longer than it suggested. I left it soaking for 2 hours. After that, clean the injectors like mc360 suggested after looking up some videos of the process. When in doubt, reseach or ask. Do not assume.