2000 Honda Civic DX hatchback

lo-n-slo

I would not pay close to that if its at a dealership. If that dealership is trying to sell a high mileage car like that for $3,900, then they likely got it at auction or took it as a trade in for $500-$1000. Used cars have huge mark up, and the dealer can't finance the car based on the age, being over 100,000 miles, and it's out of warranty. They are looking for a bad credit customer desperate to slap down cash for it in most cases. Don't pay more than $2,000 for that car.
I sold cars at a reputable dealership for a few years, I know the mark up.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I would not pay close to that if its at a dealership. If that dealership is trying to sell a high mileage car like that for $3,900, then they likely got it at auction or took it as a trade in for $500-$1000. Used cars have huge mark up, and the dealer can't finance the car based on the age, being over 100,000 miles, and it's out of warranty. They are looking for a bad credit customer desperate to slap down cash for it in most cases. Don't pay more than $2,000 for that car.
a sales rep at the show room lol

its how they make money...

Last edited by a moderator:

dancam

Registered VIP
The car still has life left in it, i wouldnt worry about the miles, looks amazingly clean. Its overpriced but so is every car at a dealer. Thats just hubcaps, im sure the steel rims underneath are still 4 bolt. I wouldnt buy an automatic either, but if its the car you want then just talk the price down. Again, its not that high in milage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidd_

CarFax reports only show what been reported and processed through aninsurance company. That leaves room for many other unreported damages to have been incurred. Ive seen dealerships deny accident repairs when it was obvious there was damage. You should always give a thorough look or get an opinion from a shop.

Any dealership can offer some sort of warranty since its at their discretion. Many offer used car warranties, sometimes at a premium. For the price theyre asking, I wouldnt pay more than $3000 for that car unless it included a reasonable repair warranty for at least 3 years. Then again, it all depends on what Civic go for in your area. Local value can vary alot.
Ok thanks for all the info. I know dealerships can be shady with stuff like that to make some money. I'll definitely look into that for sure. Their original price for the car was more but its been sitting so they might lower the price to get the car out of there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't wanna pay that much it just sucks that this is the only dealership in my area selling the hatchback that I want. There is a guy selling a 97 DX with 60k miles on it for $3700 but I don't have that much to just give him. I'm even thinking of buying out of state but idk.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

dancam

Registered VIP
You sure?

here's some more pics because I found the car on the dealership website.. I'm a goddamn google Wizard ;)

I still can't tell.. last pic tells all and I still can't determine.

http://www.reganmotors.com/inventory/view/8262400/2000-Honda-Civic-3dr-HB-DX-Auto-Thousand-Oaks-CA

Is kind of strange that the horn buttons are missing though.
Im not sure, but to me it is most likely by far. Whats going on under the dash on the passenger side? Is that wires hangin down? Do i see the ecu? And that is weird with the horn buttons, lol.

davidd_

Im not sure, but to me it is most likely by far. Whats going on under the dash on the passenger side? Is that wires hangin down? Do i see the ecu? And that is weird with the horn buttons, lol.

How did I not notice the horn buttons were missing? Lol and all that going on under the passenger side. I must have been so caught up in wanting to own a hatchback I completely overlooked all that. Price definitely shouldn't be that high for the car.

Well.. VIN checks out ok.. except it was stolen.. on New Years! In 2013...

http://bigaldavismoorechevrolet.com/autocheck/vin:2HGEJ644XYH104118

(fyi, anyone can use this link, just replace vin with your own. this most likely wont work for long so act fast!)
It's funny looking at the vehicle report and I find out it was registered where I live back in 2000 lol That is a big helpful tool for sure. Will be using it all the time. Thank you!

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP

(fyi, anyone can use this link, just replace vin with your own. this most likely wont work for long so act fast!)
well that explains some of the things missing things.

did any one noticed how long it the car was missing or has been reported stolen before it got reg renewal it says it got stolen on 1/1/2013 and then a reg event/ renewal 10 months later. thats good long while that car was stolen for...

you should check my i'm a little curious about my civic.

Jrose152

I just bought a 5 speed 2000 dx hatchback really clean 100% stock with a brand new clutch and water pump for 2800$ and 140k. I wouldn't pay that much.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
I don't think that it was swapped to be a 5 lug tbh.. I think the hubcaps are those that snap on and have fake nuts that don't line up with the actual ones of the car lol.

itzrivera

No way, I wouldn't pay anywhere over $2500 for this car. For $4k you could probably find a gsr, at least here in jersey you could.

Aren't you in cali? I thought these thing were a dime a dozen over there?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car is a bit overpriced....but pretty solid nonetheless.
I wouldn't pay that much for it, especially being an automatic.

Wait why do the hubcaps look like 5 lug? lol that's kinda weird..
They're just a generic 14" non OEM wheel cover with faux lug nuts...
It's not like those nuts thread onto the actual lugs or anything.

davidd_

No way, I wouldn't pay anywhere over $2500 for this car. For $4k you could probably find a gsr, at least here in jersey you could.

Aren't you in cali? I thought these thing were a dime a dozen over there?
Yeah I am in Cali but I don't drive a manual. I'm only looking for automatic. I'd buy one from out of state if anything lol Just looking for a car to get to work.