Tig's 93 EJ2 build

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
s**t keeps breaking on the car so still no tires for the 949s. I think I'm going to go with a set of 205/50s instead. The 225s I want are a bit out of my price range for now. Replacing tie rods, wheel bearing and who knows what else, this week/weekend. Then hopefully saving for tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Little update. Got my tires in yesterday and mounted today. Bout to throw them on!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love teal, favorite color of the 4th and 5th gen!

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It definitely had to grow on me when I got the car. Love it now though.

Wheels on and lowered just a tad! Getting an alignment Monday. It's weird, the front end used to shake pretty bad under acceleration, and especially bad around 80mph. Now nothing! I'm in love with it again. Still barks 3rd gear as well [emoji41]

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haven't done much with the car lately. Just fixing misc. things that keep going bad. Lowered the front a bit more to give it some slight rake. No pics due to my scratched camera. But I did buy something nice a little while back. Been on back order and finally got it yesterday. Yonaka Motorsports 2.5" catback exhaust

Super excited to get this on the car and let this choked up b20 breathe a little!

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If a mod could please move this thread to the build thread section, that would be awesome.

Had a productive day with the car yesterday. Installed my new Yonaka exhaust, replaced my leaky oil pan gasket, fixed my loose, rattling shifter, and replaced a few blown bulbs around the car. It's a b***h not having the plastic in my wheel wells. Blown more than a few bulbs in my side markers and corner lights because of that.
Here's a few pics from yesterday:

New vs old. Had to cut the exhaust behind the muffler due to the dumbasses at the shop a few years ago welding my muffler to a bracket, and welding that bracket to my car.. That's the reason the exhaust sagged so low in all my previous photos.

Side view. You can see how low the exhaust was hanging, fixed this afterwards but it's still not as snug as I would like. Sits as low as my beaks bar in the middle.

Overall, I love this exhaust. The tone is nice and deep. Very quiet at idle and highway speeds, no drone, and the throttle is much smoother than with my stock exhaust. But when you go WOT it sounds great!! I will get a vid soon.

Next on the list is a test pipe to get rid of this old, nasty, clogged cat and free up some more power. Then I'll save for a nice header.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why not just get a high-flow cat instead of a test pipe that will make your car sound louder and ricey?

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why not just get a high-flow cat instead of a test pipe that will make your car sound louder and ricey?
I've seen a few videos of cars with this exhaust and test pipes, with minimum to no rasp. How much does a good high flow cat go for? Also I was thinking of buying a 4-1 header from PLM and they come with test pipes.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, a quick eBay comparison shows that a MagnaFlow high-flow catalytic runs around the same cost as a PLM test pipe. Im not familiar with PLM but I really like MagnaFlows sound and quality of products.

Last edited:

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, a quick eBay comparison shows that A MagnaFlow high-flow catalytic runs around the same cost as a PLM test pipe. Im not familiar with PLM but I really like MagnaFlows sound and quality of products.
Thanks for that. I will look into that and some other high flow cats. Nevertheless, I'll most likely purchase a PLM header, and all of their b series 4-1s come with test pipes so I might as well bolt it on and see how it sounds

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haven't don't anything with the car other than some maintenance. Might do a rear disk conversion if I can source one on Craigslist. A couple of things ordered and on the way: Password:JDM power chamber, I'll be getting a velocity stack for that as well. And a PLM Toda style header on the way.

More goodies to come soon. Here's some current pics of the car.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The girlfriend bought me a power chamber intake that came in last week. I installed the intake, header, and test pipe yesterday. Definitely opened up the 2.0! It's a bit louder. Rev matching is easier and it sounds much better. Went through a tank of gas yesterday and last night from all the pulls!

MACE

I bet it sounds a little healthier with those most recent bolt ons.
Nice work you have done here man, is there a turbo or nos in the future?

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bet it sounds a little healthier with those most recent bolt ons.
Nice work you have done here man, is there a turbo or nos in the future?
Thanks. I've wanted a turbo car for a while but I'm not going to go that route with the b20. I'll either go b20v or keep it the way it is until I can pick up an s2k

lunder03

Respected
I'm new to this forum and I just spent the last hour reading all the posts and drooling over your car...it is sick, bro...flat out effin awesome!

Let me just say one thing and please don't take this the wrong way, but the first set of rims you bought, before you went back to the stealies, really set that car oooooffffff! It was like night and day!!!

If had seen those rims before I bought mine, s**t...no question about it!

On a lighter note, instead of going with plasi-dip...consider the 3D vinyl wrap...it's much cheaper, last just as long, but is flippin cool as f**k!

I was a bit hesitent myself, but I did my hood and WOW, might do my whole car...I bought two rolls of 6' wide 20' long and the sqee-gee kit...got it off Amazon...to be honest I got two rolls because the tube it comes in had been damaged which crinkled the wrap. So I bitched not knowing the wrinkles easily come out with a heat gun or blow drier, which they told me, but sent me a new roll anyway...hence me thinking of doing my whole car...

Just a thought for ya...anyway, keep up the good work, bro. Am watching for your posts.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

lunder03

Respected
I upload a photo tomorrow when I can get a good photo in the light.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk