Bad News

sjonesd3

2000 EX Coupe
So I'm driving in my school parking lot and it's gravel based, and something punctured my gas tank. So I had to get it towed. I'm wondering approximately how much would it be to get fixed? Cause of course they're saying that they aren't at fault. And I don't know how much my insurance would charge.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are several junkyards in Miami with '96-'00 Civics. Call them for gas tank pricing and go pick one up.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$100-$200 for the tank. Easy swap job.

Ps not their fault

sjonesd3

There are several junkyards in Miami with '96-'00 Civics. Call them for gas tank pricing and go pick one up.
Alright bet thanks. I'll just have to have it towed to a friends then. As I live in Jax but go to school in MIA

$100-$200 for the tank. Easy swap job.

Ps not their fault
Thats what I'm guessing. Just wish this cheap a$$ school would fix the parking lot instead of having us park on rocks

Last edited by a moderator:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Alright bet thanks. I'll just have to have it towed to a friends then. As I live in Jax but go to school in MIA
Where in Jax are you? I go to ACE pick a part (north side near the Zoo) mostly when they have their all you can carry for $50.

There is also an import only place in Orange Park, cant remember the name.

sjonesd3

Where in Jax are you? I go to ACE pick a part (north side near the Zoo) mostly when they have their all you can carry for $50.

There is also an import only place in Orange Park, cant remember the name.
Live in Argyle but I'm in Miami for school

sjonesd3

Smh still waiting on my car. Now the auto body shop has it. First they said something about having to do a purification process since a used tank then install it. Just playing the waiting game now.

dancam

Registered VIP
Smh still waiting on my car. Now the auto body shop has it. First they said something about having to do a purification process since a used tank then install it. Just playing the waiting game now.
Is it a religious autobody shop like Buddhist or something? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just wish this cheap a$$ school would fix the parking lot instead of having us park on rocks
What? God forbid you have to drive or park on rocks, how dare they!
Your tank should have been able to take the hit though.

sjonesd3

Is it a religious autobody shop like Buddhist or something? Lol.

same thing I'm wondering. Luckily insurance covered most just gotta pay 420 out of pocket. Hopefully they pour holy oil in my engine & transmission

sjonesd3

What? God forbid you have to drive or park on rocks, how dare they!
Your tank should have been able to take the hit though.
They're redoing the campus & eliminating spots so you gotta park on gravel. My only complain is the housing that I pay for parking was full. As anybody on campus can park there even if you don't stay over there

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They're redoing the campus & eliminating spots so you gotta park on gravel.
The tank is at 16 yrs old, they don't last forever.
I'd like to know where and how this puncture occurred, how fast were you going?
With little details, it just seems sketchy, then you want to blame the school.

sjonesd3

The tank is at 16 yrs old, they don't last forever.
I'd like to know where and how this puncture occurred, how fast were you going?
With little details, it just seems sketchy, then you want to blame the school.
Wasn't driving fast but they left a bit of stuff out in the lot. Ran over some with metal sticking out. I'll post a pic of it later when I get out of class. I don't even care about that part now, just ready to pay to get car back

sjonesd3

I was just wondering if anyone knew about this "purification" method. Said something like you can't just install a gas tank, you have to purify it 1st.

dancam

Registered VIP
I was just wondering if anyone knew about this "purification" method. Said something like you can't just install a gas tank, you have to purify it 1st.
Kinda like my co-worker got a quote for a $1,100 oil change at the dealership. But he argued and then refused the 'hot oil flush' and it was only $750. Lol.