03 civic abs and eps light flickering. need urgent help!

concreteplays

Hi guys first post need some help urgent please I have an mot retest on Monday and my abs and eps warning lights are flickering on and off like crazy. It does it when its idoling and all the way up the revvs but my abs and eps are working perfectly. The really weird part of all this is if I put the blowers on full, hot and switch on the a/c it all goes off...... Please help me :(

concreteplays

:welcome: to ClubCivic

Did you wash your engine bay by any chance? Looks like something similar happened here:
http://honda-tech.com/tech-misc-15/warning-lights-flashing-like-mad-over-charging-high-voltage-problem-2701585/

I would start by testing your alternator.
I havnt no but my car was sat with no front bumper for 5 months. It just sorta started after I changed the battery and done a full service checked all the fuses and made sure all the plugs were connected (EPs was unplugged for some weird reason) how would I test the alternator? And what would I test it for? Thanks for the speedy reply as well by the way =)

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Grab a multimeter and test voltage at the battery posts. Test the battery with engine off, it should be about 12.5V. Then turn the car on and make sure there's no load to it (lights, AC, etc. off), and it should measure 14.5V. Then test again under load (high beams on, AC at max, rear defroster, etc turned on). The voltage should never really drop under 14V.

It sounds like in your case, you might get readings over 14.5V.. which could indicate the voltage regulator inside the alternator has gone / is going bad.

concreteplays

Th
Grab a multimeter and test voltage at the battery posts. Test the battery with engine off, it should be about 12.5V. Then turn the car on and make sure there's no load to it (lights, AC, etc. off), and it should measure 14.5V. Then test again under load (high beams on, AC at max, rear defroster, etc turned on). The voltage should never really drop under 14V.

It sounds like in your case, you might get readings over 14.5V.. which could indicate the voltage regulator inside the alternator has gone / is going bad.
Thank you so much I will have alook at it asap and let you know as soon as I can the outcome =)