Door courtesy light won't work in "door" mode after a short circuit.

Mumbaki

Hi members,

Could anyone of you help me please with my problem. I have open all the doors but light is not turning on. It turns on only if you put the switch to "on" position.

Anyway, before i install my footwells LED evryting is working properly it turns on in the door position switch.

Here is What happen, after connecting all the necessary wiring where the negative wire is spliced to the negative/door signal switch wire at the dome light, and the positive wire which i used a "add-a circuit fuse tap" to tap it to the fuse box under the dash so as to have a separate power and fuse. Now i tested the LED and it is working( turns on when the door opens and turns on when you unlock the door using the key fob), it dims as well like the dome light when locked.

Meanwhile, when i was sticking the LED to the front and rear footwell, one of the led at the rear seat was not sticking properly. And so i ask my cousin to go and stick it using a cable tie, but he accidentally pulled the cable tie hard that the two wires(+/-) from the LED had touched each other. That's where the short started that even the LED's silicone cover had melted and smoke came out from that short.

Now everything stops working, my door light and LED is not turning on now. Check all the fuses under the dash and bonnet, one by one remove the fuse but nothing was blown. Door jam switch is working properly because i tested the led from there after the short and they turn on.

My question is, is there something burned like relays or anything. Because the fuse are all fine nothing is blown. I really am lost and helpless right now. Please help is really appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk