Bolt snap need some advice

de_jeezie

I'm sure this has happened before but this is my first time dealing with it and I'm kinda at a stand still. Was working on installing coilovers and camber arms on my '98 ek coupe and upper control arm that bolts to wheel hub snapped on me not sure how to go about this I've read to drill it out or cut it off and just use a new nut and bolt. Any suggestions? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455421078.961118.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455421086.745402.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dancam

Registered VIP
Were you trying to take it out or did you overtorque it installing?
And do you have access to a welder?

dancam

Registered VIP
Do you have a bolt out on the other side? The threads on the bolt- to they go into the bushing on the control arm? Or is it smooth where the knuckle meets the bushing closest to the threads?

de_jeezie

Do you have a bolt out on the other side? The threads on the bolt- to they go into the bushing on the control arm? Or is it smooth where the knuckle meets the bushing closest to the threads?

First picture is the where the bolt head snapped off and the second picture is the other side where the threads are I believe the bolt is only threaded to the nut that is welded onto the wheel hub

dancam

Registered VIP
Yes i know. Im just wondering if you can take a sawzall and cut between the bushing and knuckle on each side and then take vicegrips and thread the remaining bit all the way out. If the threads dont go back far enough then you cant. Bolts quite often get seized in the bushing and not on the threads.