This is "MY BUILD" INSPIRATION

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What's up guys. Thought I'd stop in to give a update. Not much going on due to work and family life but the car is still moving a long. I got random stuff knocked out like coolant hose clamps and some other non exciting odds and ends. I sold some parts due to deciding to go with bigger and better products more geared towards power. The car is going to be raced at the track for sure so I'm taking a slightly different approach on some aspects of the build but overall it will be the same. I set a finish date of some time next spring/summer since winter is rolling around and everything pretty much comes to a stop here in the northeast unless you have a heated garage which I do not. But I've got some big plans I hope to accomplish over the next few month so when I get around to knocking stuff out you'll know for sure. But my list is pretty much this:
-Tucked Wire harness
-80mm TB
-possibly bigger injectors
-transmission
-intake with v-stack
-half shaft
-3" exhaust
-flex pipe
-V-band clamps
-3" muffler( not sure what kind yet)
- k-pro.
And lastly is to rebuild the bottom end. Still undecided if I should leave it stock or go 12.5. Only time will tell. Until next time [emoji111]️

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oem cams....stock bottom end...aftermarket cams, 12.5:1

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kinda started to get back into it.

Coil cover

When you wish you had a compressor and impact gun

I'll post more as I get into ripping it apart. Currently waiting on a impact gun to get this crank pulley off.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Been a while seen I've last updated. Finally getting the ball rolling on getting the motor all taken care of.

I ordered some some ACL race bearing as well as a HPT chain guide. Talked with a good friend of mines who is decent with k-series engine builds and has built a few engine some of which has been his own personal builds so I trust his work. Going to try and get the motor to him this weekend all depends on how his work load is. Going to be sending the crank out to get cleaned and polished that is as long as it hasn't spun a bearing. I may get the block hot tanked and honed if needed. Gotta place a order with AFH for some OEM goodie like their K24 rebuild kit and piston rings but that will have to wait until the motor is apart and we can inspect everything to make sure there is no real damage or anything like that going on. Should have more in the coming weeks. I also sold my PLM header and plan on picking up a K-Tuned big tube race header once the motor is all squared away.

Last edited:

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Been a while seen I've last updated. Finally getting the ball rolling on getting the motor all taken care of.

I ordered some some ACL race bearing as well as a HPT chain guide. Talked with a good friend of mines who is decent with k-series engine builds and has built a few engine some of which has been his own personal builds so I trust his work. Going to try and get the motor to him this weekend all depends on how his work load is. Going to be sending the crank out to get cleaned and polished that is as long as it hasn't spun a bearing. I may get the block hot tanked and honed if needed. Gotta place a order with AFH for some OEM goodie like their K24 rebuild kit and piston rings but that will have to wait until the motor is apart and we can inspect everything to make sure there is no real damage or anything like that going on. Should have more in the coming weeks. I also sold my PLM header and plan on picking up a K-Tuned big tube race header once the motor is all squared away.
Glad to see a update. May I ask what is AFH?

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Small change of plans. Picked up a freshly rebuilt TSX short block. Has new Cp piston rings, Kings racing bearings. Should save me the hassle of rebuilding mine. I may swap my head or see if I can find a good deal on a PRB head.

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Small change of plans. Picked up a freshly rebuilt TSX short block. Has new Cp piston rings, Kings racing bearings. Should save me the hassle of rebuilding mines...
Congrats on the find. How does that save you from rebuilding land mines?

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Small order came in. I ordered the bearing before I found the block. I may keep them since I might built a 12.5:1 setup in the future.

Last edited:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Take some emory cloth and smooth those letters on the pistons where they stamped in the RBB A0 so there is no sharp edges. That s**t drives me crazy when manufacturers do that s**t. I have no clue why they continue to do it when they can laser script on the aluminum with no deformation.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Another small tiny update. My new oil pump tensioner arrived. Here a cool find. I needed a oil pump tensioner for my type s oil pump and seen it was around $90 or so. Then I looked up the z3 RBC tensioner and seen it was around $40 so I ordered it since it was cheaper. Then I was told that one of the bolt holes wouldn't line up and it would require modifications. Upon installing the new tensioner and expecting one of the bolt holes to be off I notice it wasn't and in fact it does bolt right up. So if you want to save $50 buy the z3 RBC tensioner.

Last edited:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So today I was able to finally bring my sub-frame to a guy I got put in contact with who is pretty good at restoring things on cars. I went to to his shop today to see some of his work first hand. His plan is to grind down the really bad areas on it and completely strip all the existing paint and completely redo it. It won't be 100% perfect but my car isn't a show car so I can care less.

Here is the current conditions.

Last edited:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Been awhile. Decide to finish this motor and see if I can finally get this thing rolling.

Removed the cylinder head to install it on the new block. Should have everything to put it together by Wednesday.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Picked up some RDX injector clips since the ones I had broke and wouldn't lock on the injector. My harness should be here Monday. I'll simply de-pin the RSX clips and replace them with these. Some prefer to cut and just connect the wires I'd rather not hack my brand new harness.