Exhaust routing and backpressure

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I disagree. See below. ;)

@A]]Th!ngSound , you'll probably be fine. Exhaust systems sound a LOT different once you add a turbo to them.

For what it's worth, I bought an identically priced cheap exhaust on eBay when I did my boost install. I bought it for the piping and also purchased a Vibrant muffler to go with it, being afraid that the eBay exhaust alone would sound crappy. I returned the Vibrant muffler -- I was pleasantly surprised at how the exhaust sounded. It was not ricey, or raspy. A little loud on a cold start, and a little drone on the highway, but otherwise no problems! (Oh, and I was NEVER pulled over for exhaust while I had this on.

Of course, this being an eBay special, it could be hit or miss. But, I say go for it, and if you don't like it, you can always change it it after.

XpLod3r, your story was what gave me the idea on the exhaust. I've already spent around 9 grand all together on my setup and I'm absolutely dying to have it running. I did go name brand and above requirements for everything except for the exhaust, which I just wanted something at least 3 inch. It's going with a Turbonetics 6165 BB 3-700hp pro package courtesy of Greg @ go-autoworks, hondata s300 tuned at Humble Performance on 93 pump gas.

I've had my fair share of dumb purchases for a Honda with cheap China stuff and I had to share it because of my guilt. :lol: I wanted to do a build thread but had no idea how much interest it would get.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
XpLod3r, your story was what gave me the idea on the exhaust. I've already spent around 9 grand all together on my setup and I'm absolutely dying to have it running. I did go name brand and above requirements for everything except for the exhaust, which I just wanted something at least 3 inch. It's going with a Turbonetics 6165 BB 3-700hp pro package courtesy of Greg @ go-autoworks, hondata s300 tuned at Humble Performance on 93 pump gas.

I've had my fair share of dumb purchases for a Honda with cheap China stuff and I had to share it because of my guilt. :lol: I wanted to do a build thread but had no idea how much interest it would get.
:thumbs up

Greg is a great guy, good choice going with his stuff. That exhaust should at least last a few years. If you don't like the sound after you can always get some aftermarket muffler.

Restotech

Respected
I bought cheap eBay stainless exhaust similar to this not to long ago for my budget DD build. The car had absolutely no exhaust when I bought it, not even a manifold. The pipe s are stainless bu the flanges are not. The muffler sound was horrible so I found a factory Honda muffler from the junkyard. Fitment was good from the car back. Downpipe to cat fitment is not that great. Again the muffler sound is about as bad as it gets.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The other issue with purchasing a high end exhaust, is that it's pretty common for the turbo downpipe flange to mismatch that of the exhaust. .
If it's common, then I wouldn't bother with the cheapo exhaust or more expensive quality "bolt up" brand.
This would be a reason to spend the money have a quality custom exhaust made up by a shop. You get to pick everything, and if the shop is good, a quality exhaust for your application.

Its not that much money, i dont think you can go wrong with that.
Never a good reason to waste money...