2016 Civic EX T w/Honda Sensing engine surge

Patrick Sandusky

We have a 2016 Honda Civic EX T w/Honda Sensing that seems to surge at highway\freeway speeds. You can watch the tach go up and down when maintaining a steady speed. Took the car to the dealer today and they could find no error codes, no updates were required, they did a system reset via disconnect of the battery, the surge issue appears to be resolved as of now.

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue with their 2016 Honda Civic EX T?

DR3167

Search Google for:

2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo Surges at Highway Speeds (45–70 MPH) S.B. #16-028

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Take that b***h back to the dealer if it continues. May end up being a wider issue and they will send out a TSB if so.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
I would go to a different dealership if I was you. Why would you try to fix something if your car is under warranty?

funnymonkey

We have a 2016 Honda Civic EX T w/Honda Sensing that seems to surge at highway\freeway speeds. You can watch the tach go up and down when maintaining a steady speed. Took the car to the dealer today and they could find no error codes, no updates were required, they did a system reset via disconnect of the battery, the surge issue appears to be resolved as of now.

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue with their 2016 Honda Civic EX T?
I have a 2016 Touring I purchased in May of 2016 with the same options. I have noticed the same type of issue with my car recently. It will fluctuate up and down as much as 5oo rpm when cruising on the highway at a steady speed. Another issues I am having, I have read so far seems to be excusive to the touring is with my audio system, sometimes it will not come on. The music isn't working, the phone Bluetooth isn't working, navigation won't hear audible commands. I happen to be having my oil changed (along with a recall parking break issue) when it happened again, I drove it to the dealership and asked them NOT to turn the car off (as this sometime will & sometimes not rest the problem) so a tech could look at the issue. Lute Reilly Honda in Richardson, TX tried to say animals had been eating my wiring within 10 min. of me being at the garage. (ALL CRAP) this started within the 1st 30 day of ownership.

Last edited: