P0336 no crank no start no cel

Firstcivicguy

Im getting code p0336. 97 civic goes into limp mode can't rev past 3500. My cel work but does not turn on. I just changed the starter and crankshaft position sensor and put new battery connectors. Also i can push start or jump start with battery charger set on 12v high with no problem. Sometimes the car will start on its own. I cleared the code after the ckp swap and that is when the no crank no start happened i have a d16y7 on a 5 speed Manuel sedan any help would be greatly appreciated

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Umm... P0336 is a Check-Engine code, so I would think that the bulb for the light is just out. Are you sure all the wiring and battery cables are on tightly? Did you test the starter? Is "ckp" suppose to mean Crankshaft Position Sensor?

Firstcivicguy

Umm... P0336 is a Check-Engine code, so I would think that the bulb for the light is just out. ARe you sure all the wiring and battery cables are on tightly? Did you test the starter? Is "ckp" suppose to mean Crankshaft Position Sensor?
P0336 is crank postion sensor intermittent circuit a interruption a computer code. yes my cel works its stated on my post. If the key is turned to on it is lit and turns off when car is started. Also it is the only code being thrown, no other code. I checked my old starter it was beginning to fail i have a new one in properly wired. Battery was tested and it has new gold plated terminal connectors that are connected really tight. Also the battery post were cleaned of any corrosion residue. CKP is the proper abbreviation for the crankshaft positon sensor

Firstcivicguy

Update second code came on p1337 also when i try to read ecu thru non scanner method with the cel blinks the light does not blink