Rim paint

cubanboy1993

Hi guys I was wondering what you guys think I should use to re-paint my yellow rims on my car? Spray cans or what?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This. I just had mine done in white, cost me $300 for them to sandblast, coat, and clear.
That's a good price!
I'm guessing somewhere in Rochester you had this done?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's a good price!
I'm guessing somewhere in Rochester you had this done?
Yep! At Accurate Paint & Powder Coating. It would have been $350 with the clear, but they had some important project they needed to finish which pushed getting my wheels done back a couple days. So the owner was nice and cleared them for no cost. :thumbs up

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Depends on what type of wheels they are. If they are fake, I'd personally never spend $300 on powder coat (since for about the same money or a bit more you can just get brand NEW wheels). I'd use good quality spray paint and do it myself (I'm fairly good at it, not trying to show off or anything). I highly recommend the spray paint called Montana, they specialize in graffiti and other forms of spray paint art, so they have a huge range of colors and it dries extremely fast.

HockeyZombies

Respected
To properly adhere paint surface must be clean,cool, and dry. Powder paint is best,then spray booth,etc. Whatever the longer it cures the better it lasts and holds.