'92 VX wont start

Hmglife97

I have a 92 honda civic hatchback vx my car has been running good and this time i turn off the engine and was listenning to music for about 15-20 min after that i tried to start it went quiet. It was not the battery,not starter,new main reley, not distrubtor, ecu, i dont know why it will not start and it is quiet when i turn the key.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then you have a battery problem. Weather it be a bad charge, dead battery, or a bad connection somewhere through a corroded or loose line, bad ignition switch, or a blown fuse.

Hmglife97

Then you have a battery problem. Weather it be a bad charge, dead battery, or a bad connection somewhere through a corroded or loose line, bad ignition switch, or a blown fuse.
Not the battery because i tried a new one still does the same and there is no dead fuse it might be ignition key and I maybe could make it a push start. Could not find any loose wires.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Does anything come on when you rotate the key in the ignition? Dash lights go through the systems check? If there is absolutely nothing then your not getting power so its either a bad fuse or ground.

Hmglife97

All the lights,engine check, oil, light do turn on when I rotate the key and nothing happens no noise. Check the fuse and grounds. I think there could be a lose wire and can't find it or so.

I think a push start button will work and better for that car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

anv2tk

Respected
crazy notion, and i realize that you've asked for input at the beginning of the month, but if for some reason you still haven't reached a resolution:

if your car is standard, could it be that your neutral switch has lost the grommet on the clutch pedal? you would know if you see crumbles of a formerly clear plastic on the floor board. if this is the case, then a. look up the clutch pedal arm to confirm, and b. the fact that you were listening to music for an elongated, albeit not excessive, amount of time is a pure coincidence.