New member here with my 2000 Si

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone who is willing to spend $180 on OEM sun visors must be taking his Civic seriously. You had my curiosity. Now you have my attention.

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
I'm not sure. It runs good , does sound like it could use a muffler or a cat possibly . I'd like a nice toned exhaust
I too am curious what suspension you've got under there !

Cooper12

Respected
I only bought the new ones because you never know what your going to get used and i live to far from a dismantler to make the trip. Plus the interior was about perfect now I think it is. Im still unsure on the suspension but ill crawl under there soon and see what i can find. Besides my exhaust I plan on leaving everything else as is.
I just love how it drives.
Now i just want to get the exhaust to sing

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
So you're saying someone over the age of 50 lowered the car and replaced the motor with a jdm swap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Think what you want but not really. He was a car guy . Not far fetched at all. Not around here anyways. I'm 41 and I would do it and when I'm in my 50's I'm sure I would as well
That's pretty cool then. I've never met anyone that age that would care at all about an em1 or any Honda really.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's pretty cool then. I've never met anyone that age that would care at all about an em1 or any Honda really.
Calling @pon55 =)

Also, the guy I picked up my RSX from a few years ago was somewhere in his 50's. He added the cold air intake because he "loved the sound of Vtec". I'm not complaining one bit. :thumbs up

Cooper12

Respected
Now I'm not sure why the engine had to be replaced. What i do know though is he was the second owner. He has had the car 8 years. Engine replaced 6 years ago at 135000 now has 168500 or so. ( not a new motor but a imported one. not sure of the miles the engine had when it was installed though i hear there usually pretty low mileage. New timing belt , water pump at time of install and all new hoses etc. we are in California but its very mountainous where I'm at so possibly they lowered it to help with the handling? I'm not sure . its not too low but he took the front skirt off the bumper because it would rub. I have that too and may reinstall .
I looked for a clean title fairly low mileage car for awhile. Most seem to have a salvaged title or cost a fortune . I paid 5000 for this which was in the range of what most are going for here . But being straight with a clean title is why I jumped on it.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
I don't blame you there. You're def right clean title em1s are getting rare. I'll be kicking myself forever for not jumping on one locally that went for 5k that only had 65k on it bone stock one owner. And there was another for 6k 75k miles and full leather interior. Always when I have no money lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOLAcivic

Respected
Nice. pick up! I wish I could have found an EM1 but I'm happy with making a clone. It's tough to fund sun visors lol. Used are usually all crap. I got lucky and found a mint set but I paid a little over 100 for them shipped.

98Ekay

Respected
I'm new to forums. my apologies. I know in the U.S you get different engines. just wondering what's in your coupe?

Last edited by a moderator:

HockeyZombies

Respected
Nice looking car.Scenery is good too. Nothing like some humidity and rain to make a good day possible. On a side note if you want to clean a combustion engine out then driving in high humidity weather helps. Moisture helps at operating temp remove carbon. My dad always had me rev the gas and he would use my .99 water gun to spray into carb. Works great but dont stall or you will be sorry.

thendi

Respected
5+ Year Member
Actually adding a little water is a old way performing a de-carbon service. Some old tech actually prefer using water instead of stuff like sea foam.