How much would you pay?

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
139,xxx miles is low for a pre-2000 Honda. Remember that the national mileage average is 12k-15k per year, which would put the average total mileage for a 1998 at over 220k miles. So yeah, 139,xxx is pretty damn good. That low a mileage on a well running engine in a hatch is worth at least $2000 in my opinion.
But you never truly know a car's mileage unless you investigate further. Carfax.com can be of great use!!

jacobsylvia777

Just depends on what the is looking like and running like. Depends on the damage to the body and/or interior. Depends on if they keep up with the engine.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I talked to him he said he got it from an auction so he has a "lien sale of papers" instead of a pink slip and he also owes $240 for registration.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Pass on it, let him keep it and figure out the paper work.
He's trying to sell off his headache.

HockeyZombies

Respected
Heck my Hyundai Accent 2012 Hatchback 1,6L I got 2000.00 from dealer in February and it was a base model with 199,931 miles on her. Honda bought it sight unseen and its only issue to be fixed was a clogged catalytic converter. They ran the VIN and seen tremendous service records from tranny flushes,brake and coolant service along with 45 oil changes. All the kids at qwiklane wanted to buy it bc they had seen it serviced all the time. I should have bought a drum of pennzoil synthetic and left at dealership. Cars with lots of miles shouldn't be a deterent, its how the miles were put on. I ran pure gas no ethanol fuel almost religiously and never had carbon or fuel related problem. If a high mileage car has good service records and is a 1 owner that is a positive. Its the 1991 honda with 25000 miles that scares me. Never driven over 5 miles and sits all the time that would scare me most.