Mentor ??

weezy_boy90

Really looking for a mentor . I've always been into Honda's . If anyone can or will be my mentor hit me up . Thanks . uploadfromtaptalk1461888760690.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Internet will be your best mentor.

weezy_boy90

I know but I want a real person . For better hands on experience .

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know but I want a real person . For better hands on experience .

The best thing to do is read the stickies in the sub-section for your car year. There's a plethora of information on maintenance and modification here, on honda-tech.com, d-series.org, and many others.
What are your goals? What do you want the car to look like? handle like? What's your budget?

weezy_boy90

Right now just running right is my main goal then I will start with body and so on . Interior is immaculate for a 97 . This is what it looks like now

uploadfromtaptalk1462106379387.jpg

This is my goal

uploadfromtaptalk1462106446023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I merged your last 5 posts into one, as it shouldve been done. Please avoid unnecessary multiple posts in the future.

With that handled, you shouldnt put out a want ad for someone to look up to. Research through previous builds, find some you like, read through their posts and build process too see if they motivate & educate you, then maybe send them a private message to attempt building a rapport. You may find yourself following multiple members who collectively teach you plenty.

Otherwise, you risk getting an egomaniacal jerk, who thinks too highly of themselves and never admits their faults, to lead you down a negative path while abusing your naiveness just to build up their flawed ego. Thats my personal opinion.

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I merged your last 5 posts into one, as it shouldve been done. Please avoid unnecessary multiple posts in the future.

With that handled, you shouldnt put out a want ad for someone to look up to. Research through previous builds, find some you like, read through their posts and build process too see if they motivate & educate you, then maybe send them a private message to attempt building a rapport. You may find yourself following multiple members who collectively teach you plenty.

Otherwise, you risk getting an egomaniacal jerk, who thinks too highly of themselves and never admits their faults, to lead you down a negative path while abusing your naiveness just to build up their flawed ego. Thats my personal opinion.
Lol @HeX were you abused as a young Honda child? just playin :mrgreen:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A mentor really is the best option. I learned more about my car doing hands on stuff learning from @Szady than I ever did reading online. Plenty of information here, but you never truly get an understanding of it unless you're hands on.

I would recommend looking for any local automotive forums in your area, and asking there.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Biggest recommendation is plan ahead and buy quality parts. The rest comes down to taste in modification and your goals for the car.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll mentor you, move to Sacramento California and ill even adopt you, I have denim cutoffs I would require you to wear.... along with roller skates and a fishnet midriff....

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll mentor you, move to Sacramento California and ill even adopt you, I have denim cutoffs I would require you to wear.... along with roller skates and a fishnet midriff....