**Official CC Gun Thread**

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I feel you on the expensive mags. My new HK mags are 40 a piece. It's worth it though.

I look at guns like cars. The nice ones are like v8's. Great performers but bad gas mileage (expensive mags)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Hear you on that.

I would like a threaded barrel option like the FN Tactical.

Get jealous of the glock guys who can buy 3 mags for the price of 1 mag in FN, HK, Walther, etc...

Side note, if any of you guys can pick up a mossberg 500 series, do it, it's a cockroach- you can't kill it and the action release, loading port and dual extractors are fantastic. Shot a buddy's Remington 870 and the shell gate i can do without and the action release being ahead of the trigger assembly make it awkward for me.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm the other way around actually. I love my 870, and my friend had quite a few problems with his 500 and it just felt cheap to me overall. Granted, my 870 is an older model with genuine wood vs laminate. Could be that the newer 870's aren't made like they used to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm basing it off of a 2015 purchase of both. But this is the timeless shotgun debate. They are both great, but when it comes to features I personally prefer the 500 series.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bailed on the AR build idea... looking at AKs now, honestly wouldn't have until I got to shoot one.

Nice 92fsc!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bailed on the AR build idea... looking at AKs now, honestly wouldn't have until I got to shoot one.

Nice 92fsc!
Yeah 7.62 is a lot more fun to shoot versus 5.56.

HockeyZombies

Respected
I started with a Beretta U22 Neos in .22lr. Cant beat it for plinking and I wouldnt hesitate to use for home. Im old, I like low recoil and its cheap to shoot.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, so turn of events.

Got a hold of a C39v2, 50 rounds in and the rear trunnion developed a crack.. so got rid of it at a loss and then started building an AR.

PSA lower
PSA 16" chrome lined upper 5.56 chamber ( yes there is a difference)
full auto, chrome lined bcg

ready to try it out this weekend. we'll see.