2006 civic: Dash light and radio issues

Scooby_D123

A few days ago when I hit a bump, my radio shut off and the abs, E brake and door ajar lights came on. Since then this has happened multiple times. Not every light comes on every time. Sometimes the check engine light will come on and randomly shut off. Also, occasionally the car feels like it's almost stalling but then continues to drive. It's only happened once that the car completely shut off but was fine when I restarted it.

tatlongk

Same issue as mine at idle when a/c condenser fan switches on, dashboard light display and radio shuts off, but quickly comes back. Also it happened once that car shuts off completely including the engine. Occasionally, car feels like it will stall but only if car sits at idle with a/c on, and as soon as condenser fan switches on.

Aaron T

Respected
I had something similar on my 06 civic lx, it would act like it wanted to stall at idle and sometimes it would stall. I found the compressor staying on when the AC was off creating a high load on the engine. I would recommend checking the compressor clutch to see if it's staying on when the AC is off or just unplug it (connector on top of alternator) or remove the relay for the compressor then see if you still have the same issue.

One big difference though was that the radio would not shut off

Last edited: