93 b18a1 in 97 civic

rich_rolla

What would I need to pull this off my 93 b18 is currently in my integra but I wanna put it in my civic could somebody please list the parts I would need to do this...

I would really appreciate it a lot and I kno this has been covered before but my phone is acting up and I'm at work so I have very little time right now and this thread will keep me updated...

Thanks in advance to all of y'all helpful members for making more than just a community we r a family!!!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you intend to perform an engine swap then you need to take it seriously and do real research. Lamely stating phone issues to justify not doing your own research, as if a swap takes 20 minutes & must be done tonight, and then admitting you know the info is available just wreaks of laziness and a likely recipe for disaster. Consider me the "family" member who's honest whether you like it or not.

rich_rolla

Haha ur funny I was at work and would like a decent to do list per say to do it rather than some half ass written s**t almost every thing I have looked at is different and I'd like to get something from someone that has done it or is doing it just the necessities of the swap not all the extra s**t that can be done there was no need for your post this post is for help... If everybody read things that have already been posted then there would never be any new post and if there aren't new post the forum dies and if the forum dies the domain name will be right behind it and this won't be a site anymore so when people ask for help instead of being a smart ass just answer them if you don't have an answer for them don't reply it keep the drama down on the forums and makes the forums neater as well both of these post mine and yours are useless and is just something somebody else is going to have to read sometime in the future to find the info they are looking for

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha ur funny I was at work and would like a decent to do list per say to do it rather than some half ass written s**t almost every thing I have looked at is different and I'd like to get something from someone that has done it or is doing it just the necessities of the swap not all the extra s**t
With that type of logic, good luck.
Putting 23 yr old b series motor into a nearly 20 yr old chassis isn't new, there are plenty of write ups and they all are not different since they all require essentially the same things, axles, mounts, correct ecu, transmission. Don't overlook the "extra stuff" that's the stuff that you'll get hung up on since you couldn't be bothered with it, like how you plan on wiring it and running essentially a motor that was set up for OBD1 in an OBD2 car. It can be done, but depending on where you live, putting an older motor in a newer car can be an issue.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If everybody read things that have already been posted then there would never be any new post and if there aren't new post the forum dies and if the forum dies the domain name will be right behind it and this won't be a site anymore so when people ask for help instead of being a smart ass just answer them if you don't have an answer for them don't reply it keep the drama down on the forums and makes the forums neater as well both of these post mine and yours are useless and is just something somebody else is going to have to read sometime in the future to find the info they are looking for
Periods, bro. Unless you're on menopause.

With that aside, HeX is trying to point out that you're not the first person to do a B18 swap in a Civic. You won't be the last, either. Everything you looked up previously is different, because there is more than one way to go about this. There are certain things that repeatedly get asked over and over again, such as the question you asked.

The answers are out there. You being at work is not an excuse for everyone to just post all the answers for you. Take some time, after work, before work, whatever, and thoroughly search this website and various Google sites, and you'll get everything you need.

We are here to help, absolutely. But we will not just throw information at you.

rich_rolla

Haha screw u too... Not a way to talk to anybody on the forum if your not gonna help don't post because I didn't ask u or him specifically so there is no reason for your reply... Not be a d**k... I asked a simple question... That's what a forum site is for... Nobody should have to go through hours of research just because something has already been answered... some threads are old as hell... Some have wrong information... Some have to much info... Some is split up between pages and pages of crap... Just a simple message saying these axles and these mounts are the only thing u need or whatever the case may be would be great... That's how u create a respected community/family... not by being a d**k to everybody that ask a question, that's how u run people off and make them go to other forums where people are more helpful and less ignorant... I have done research and have came up with a few pages that show what's needed, and how to do it but there's not a decent one out there that's straight and to the point... But it's whatever though... Don't spam my thread with bullshit... like I said if u have an answer then answer, if u don't then don't post... It's that simple if you don't like me asking a question, then u don't have to read my post... if u don't mind answering the question then I hope u read my post... Anything else... Now I'm going to start a new thread with the same question in it... I would appreciate it if u just left your bullshit out of it...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Enjoy your warning. Hypocrite.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha screw u too... Not a way to talk to anybody on the forum if your not gonna help don't post because I didn't ask u or him specifically so there is no reason for your reply...
He didnt insult you. He made a joke, but you clearly insulted him (a moderator) just now and repeat offenses will no be tolerated , as the forum rules state, let alone against moderators.

Not be a d**k... I asked a simple question... That's what a forum site is for... Nobody should have to go through hours of research just because something has already been answered... some threads are old as hell... Some have wrong information... Some have to much info... Some is split up between pages and pages of crap... Just a simple message saying these axles and these mounts are the only thing u need or whatever the case may be would be great...
That's how u create a respected community/family... not by being a d**k to everybody that ask a question, that's how u run people off and make them go to other forums where people are more helpful and less ignorant...
You are wrong. A forum is a resource to share and find information provided by others for free out of their personal time. If you want someone to do it for you with virtually no effort then either pay a mechanic or one of us. This isnt a forum set up to be your b*tch and no one here will be one for you. Respect the forum or leave.

Practice what you preach because you're being a hipocrit right now, disrespecting others while expecting respect in return. Respect is earned not demanded.

I have done research and have came up with a few pages that show what's needed, and how to do it but there's not a decent one out there that's straight and to the point... But it's whatever though...
If you did research then your should've stated so along with what your results were. You instead wrote a bland and limited post yet expected others to somehow know what you didnt say. Assume self accountability and blame for your mistake first. Do no blame others for your fault.

Don't spam my thread with bullshit... like I said if u have an answer then answer, if u don't then don't post...
Look up what spamming is as it has not been committed here in any way. You've received helpful response. YOU are the one declining to accept the fact that you want others to do your own research.

Now I'm going to start a new thread with the same question in it... I would appreciate it if u just left your bullshit out of it...
Do not create another thread as it would constitute double posting, per forum rules, and will be deleted.

You have been advised accordingly on how to change your behavior into being a constructive and positive contributor to the forum. If you do not agree, it is your choice and you have the freedom to leave and join another forum that suits your needs, if one exists. The choice is your. Make is respectfully.

@XpL0d3r @Jay Jay @lethal6 @joe7987

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But wait guys, we are all a family right? Lol. Must be a family where the older siblings spoon feed the young because they are too lazy to feed themselves and will starve without it.

OP, I could understand your argument if you were asking for information that didn't have tons of specific write ups on this site and all over the net. FFS, it's 2016 there is probably a youtube series of some dude in his driveway putting one of these in his 6th gen while he films it with his cell phone.