Can I modify BTDC angle ?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
You can never adjust the BTDC or ATDC angle on any vehicle unless you were to swap out the crankshaft for something custom. What made you ask this kind of question?

Unless you are asking how to adjust the ignition timing on a 7th gen you need to have some type of aftermarket tuning software. After 2000 Honda went to coil on plug design that got rid of the distributor and no manual adjustment to the distributor can be made to change the ignition timing manually.

TS2008

It's for the fine tuning. I have a civic 2000 now and I can improve 4 mpg only by increase 2 degree BTDC from the stock setting. I'm planning to buy an other civic in the near future and I just want to know something more about other generation of civic.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Soo spending 100's to save a few pennies doesnt make too much sense..

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
You have a 2000 Civic, that's a 6th gen. Your original post stated it was a 7th gen model.

TS2008

You have a 2000 Civic, that's a 6th gen. Your original post stated it was a 7th gen model.
Yes, I have a 2000 civic now, but I'm looking for another Civic with more recent generation. This is the reason why I come here to find some answers for the civic of this generation.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Yes, I have a 2000 civic now, but I'm looking for another Civic with more recent generation. This is the reason why I come here to find some answers for the civic of this generation.
In that case you wont be manually adjusting ignition timing on anything 2001+.