Real straight pipe

rockabillycholo

Looking for a straight pipe from the header all the way back no resonater or cat or muffler where do I find one online??

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I doubt you can find that online because its wildly impractical. Just have a muffler shop do it for you. Be aware that such a thing will be obnoxiously loud and sound awful, which is another reason why you wont find a production of that.

rockabillycholo

I doubt you can find that online because its wildly impractical. Just have a muffler shop do it for you. Be aware that such a thing will be obnoxiously loud and sound awful, which is another reason why you wont find a production of that.
Ok thanks

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
VRS has kits. comes mandrel bent, plus all hangers and hardware. Ive used them and fit is perfect.,

HONDA TK

Muffler shops usually do crush bends which are frowned upon in the performance community. Not too many shops can afford a mandrel bender. Hence why its not "impractical" as mentioned.

Theres other companies online who also have kits, but I havent used them before. VRS is where I got mine.
Honda

Last edited:

saquon

Go to a muffler shop by your house and tell them you wanna straight pipe from your headers back

Then what do you recommend I do?
I have a d16y8 and I have headers to cat then straight pipe

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^

You DONT want to do this.. leave it to the noobs with the usual bad information.

Crush bends suck and are restrictive. meineke or muffler man or whatever shop doesnt do MANDREL BENDING.

If your going to do it, do it right and get a mandrel bent pipe

If a 2.5" is crush bent, then it winds up being a 2" pipe.. thus losing the flow of a 2.5" pipe.

Doesnt take a genius to figure this out.. Wait.. maybe it does..

Buy the kit, take it muffler shop and have it welded together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^

You DONT want to do this.. leave it to the noobs with the usual bad information.

Crush bends suck and are restrictive. meineke or muffler man or whatever shop doesnt do MANDREL BENDING.
It's going to sound horrible, obnoxious and sit low, BUT, there shouldn't be any bends (or very limited), hence "straight pipe", if it's coming right from the header, straight back without any resonator or cat?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Straight meaning theres no resonator or muffler.. The car determines the pathway. As you can see on civics, there has to be bends here and there which are fine as long as its not obstructive. Severe bends will cause a restriction as does crush bends.

but a smooth flow with smooth bends will be perfectly fine with exhaust pulses.

Last edited:

saquon

^^^

If your going to do it, do it right and get a mandrel bent pipe

If a 2.5" is crush bent, then it winds up being a 2" pipe.. thus losing the flow of a 2.5" pipe.

Doesnt take a genius to figure this out.. Wait.. maybe it does..

Buy the kit, take it muffler shop and have it welded together.
Mine was welded on with the and its not loud I still have my cat

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk