Chopped Horn Wires.

AustinH

Hey all.
I bought an EK not too long ago, off what you'd call a ricer.
It came equipped with an aftermarket MOMO steering wheel, but the previous owner failed to/neglected to wire the horn at all, in favor of just cutting the wires.

So I am tasked to get the horn working as I need it to get a Pink Slip.

Which wires do I need to connect to to where to get it in working order.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Should be the brown one thats the (+)

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The horn is just a 2 wire system. The button is the connection between the + & - . Download a Honda service manual which you can search for on this site.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The horn is just a 2 wire system. The button is the connection between the + & - . Download a Honda service manual which you can search for on this site.

The horn is a 1 wire system, the metal is the ground.

I had a write up showing my install adding a resistor to keep the SRS light off. But Imageshack decided to charge for using their bandwidth and pics are lost.

2. youll see the cruise wires, SRS and horn wiring. Unplug everything. Youll notice the horn wire is brown. SRS yellow/green.

DIY: 96-00 Steering wheel install w/o SRS light and working horn - Honda-Tech

Last edited:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The horn is a 1 wire system, might want to read that manual yourself
A positive to ground is what I was trying to explain. When hooking up the horn button there are two wires that you have to work with. In essence, yes it's a single circuit but physically there are two wires.

So ya go read that manual yourself or do the work yourself before you decide to step out of the shadows and be a d**k. :roll:

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Already edited it.. So, go read the manual again yourself before answering a post where your lacking the info.

And if your that sensitive where you think I was being a d!*k, then you should see when I actually AM a d!*k.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Already edited it.. So, go read the manual again yourself before answering a post where your lacking the info.

And if your that sensitive where you think I was being a d!*k, then you should see when I actually AM a d!*k.
No need to read it when I have done the job several times. BTW if your going to repost your own build thread from another forum to help people out. At least make sure your images are properly hosted.