Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not a lot has been going on. Car has been covered up in the garage and I've been spending time with the family. But yesterday I was able to get out to an autocross, wet, but we raced.

Friday I put my number boards on. One of the magnets flew away as I forgot to pull them off after that last show I went to. Luckily, I had a spare set of J's boards waiting to be applied to the doors. The magnets were great, but at any speed, even 2nd gear autocross, and add wind, they were lifting off due to the gaps as they went over the door molding. Sticker on door fixes that! And I cut the J's from the bottom to properly place under the molding. I didn't want to go right over it and I needed the full white space to place my class and numbers in. I freaking hate the side moldings. I'd prefer them shaved, like I did on my last Si.

And a little fun sticker...haha.

I pulled the slicks out on Friday for Sunday. However, I pulled them out of the car Sunday morning as it was no question, it was going to rain.

Sunday funday!

Rode hard and put away wet, sandy and just plain nasty...lol.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got to auto-x my first time on Sunday in a Lambo Gallardo. Man was it a blast and makes me want to get a project car and build it like yours and do it weekly.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice!

If you decide to take on a project, my advice, decide what class you want to run and then build to it. Especially if you plan to drive the car regularly. I can still drive mine, but I just cant drive it as much as I want. But my issue really comes down to not being able to get into my parking lot at work...lol.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Nice!

If you decide to take on a project, my advice, decide what class you want to run and then build to it. Especially if you plan to drive the car regularly. I can still drive mine, but I just cant drive it as much as I want. But my issue really comes down to not being able to get into my parking lot at work...lol.
I daily my SMF civic, it's awesome the unlimited mods but stock interior rule so I don't have to strip it to be competitive.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, I still drove mine daily, until I broke the front bumper going into the parking lot, with the old setup. Just happened to be the luck of the draw that day. I'd been parking in that lot for a couple years and I'd never had an issue. Maybe it was the car just telling me that it was time to get things done...lol. Stop collecting parts and get to business. But with the aero, I have no ability at all to get into the lot. It would be a suicide mission...lol. My only option would be to remove the front aero, likely the whole bumper for ease, and have a spare for such occasions. But its not that serious. While I do love driving my car, and I do wish I could drive it more, it is nice having something I don't have to worry about.

And I did get to drive the car to work today. I traded spaces with someone who parks in our main lot, in front of our building, for the day. :D

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
It's weird how many track guys I know have nothing good to say about R888's. That size is crazy bro. Can't wait to see them on.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, I've heard both good and bad. But it's the only thing in this size and I wanted to test it out. If I don't like them, no biggie.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went on out to a local show this past weekend, hosted by an awesome club here, Sumospeed. SpringFest2016!

Little clean up since it got a bit dirty after the last AutoX. And the addition of the 9’s holding the 235/50’s.

The comparison…

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Continued…

And home again…with some of the fresh gravel from our street…haha.

And the next step for the car. A fresh P28 with S300, powdered black. And to hold it, a Checkerd Sports ECU stand. This is replacing my current P28 with the old S200…that wouldn’t communicate on the last tune day, so we used Crome.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, I'm not happy that its been mostly parking. But that's what the schedule has allowed. Plus, after I took that award, hosted by the same club, I was asked personally to show indoors at this event by the hosting club's pres. And having a good friend come in from the UK, I wanted to give him a good taste of our area's scene.

I had registered for the autocross this month, but canceled last night as I realized it was on Father's Day. So I'll be looking at the schedule for July =) I'm also trying to find track weekends that work with my schedule, to put this turd to the test. I know the pull I gave it over the weekend for my friend, it felt so stable and planted through some turns at "highway" speeds...haha. ;)

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Yeah, I'm not happy that its been mostly parking. But that's what the schedule has allowed. Plus, after I took that award, hosted by the same club, I was asked personally to show indoors at this event by the hosting club's pres. And having a good friend come in from the UK, I wanted to give him a good taste of our area's scene.

I had registered for the autocross this month, but canceled last night as I realized it was on Father's Day. So I'll be looking at the schedule for July =) I'm also trying to find track weekends that work with my schedule, to put this turd to the test. I know the pull I gave it over the weekend for my friend, it felt so stable and planted through some turns at "highway" speeds...haha. ;)
haha I'm just messing, I have 2 this weekend. Finally, late start with all the maintenance I had to do.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh for sure man. I have been getting a lot of teasing from buddies. But they all understand and its all in good fun. Life makes priorities for us, generally not in the way we planned...haha.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Late update...

Grabbed some new RC 310's and a Fastline shifter...

Slow going around here lately. My regular Friday's off have been zero work due to sickness floating around. Baby girl brought home the crud from daycare and we have been full cycle now...haha. But I took off this past Friday to get a little done...

Removed the FG2 rear seats to put up a delete plate I got from a buddy a few years ago. Its a one off part that he made. I dipped it for now. TV box is being used for a template to make a panel for the base. Oh, and I cut out the rear belts since I couldn't get to the reel easily. Roll bar issues...haha.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, again with the heat, but I pushed though and got a little work done this past Friday. Picked up some supplies as well, to finish up the rear seat delete. Also, I'm going to remove the dip from the upper and go with paint. I'm not happy with the dip job.

And as you might recall, I bought a 4Runner last May to daily. My plans were to use it to also tow the Si on an open deck trailer to tracks outside my area. Well, plans change. I've since decided to go with an enclosed, as it makes more sense for our needs and space. That being said, the 4Runner is not equipped to pull that weight. So its going up for sale as its been replaced...

2007 Tundra CrewMax SR5. Black Rock wheels were on it when I bought it. I've added the Weather Tech mats and vent visors. Tomorrow will be a week of ownership =) LOVE it. So glad to be back in a truck. 4Runner is nice and I'd have had no problem keeping it, if it could do the job. But man I missed being in a truck.