Vac Leak

Udrv2slw

The 99-00 D16Y8 IM has FIA holes that must be blocked to prevent an intake air leak.

I have a serious vacuum leak. I've installed 2 different IM gaskets and still leaking. I have a '96 y7 manual engine. I installed a 2000 y8 auto IM only. The fuel rail & TB are from my y7. I smoked tested it & it comes from in-between the IM and the head. Do I have the same issue with the holes shown above?

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I tweaked your post to read more clearly because it was kinda sloppy & confusing.

Im not certain but I believe the automatic intake manifold has a vacuum hole that the manual IMs do not have, or vice versa. You may be able to simply plug it but its not something Im familiar with. I suggest you compare the auto & manual IM diagrams on a parts site like HondaPartsNow.com or by downloading the free service manual you can find on our forum by using the search function. Good luck.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The 99-00 (I believe it's 99-00...may be ALL 6th Gens...) EX AUTO intake manifold has holes below the fuel rail (where the manifold bolts to the head I believe...) that no other IM has. You need to plug those up....