Blandsarcasm's 98 ej6 daily

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
man that's some shitty luck, f**k thieves.
yeah tell me about it. i was lucky to get all of my parts off the coupe before insurance took it and now they get stolen. ive seen my si cluster and my seats go up for sale on facebook by the same piece of s**t 19 yr old kid and the cops havent done a damn thing.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah tell me about it. i was lucky to get all of my parts off the coupe before insurance took it and now they get stolen. ive seen my si cluster and my seats go up for sale on facebook by the same piece of s**t 19 yr old kid and the cops havent done a damn thing.
That's pretty shitty man. Wondering if they are trying to set it up to buy them off him to catch him?

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Honestly I doubt the cops are taking any action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Well I got the car back today. Overall it seems like minimal damage was done. I was worried the undercarriage would be thrashed being that it was drug up and off a truck on its belly but other than some scrapes and a very small dent on the corner of the oil pan everything looks good. I cleaned out what was left of the interior and took a look at the ignition wiring but nothing seems hacked. Regardless of how it appears something is missing. The car won't even crank. My key goes in and turns fine and the main relay clicks but when I turn the key all the way forward it does absolutely nothing.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
well that was a simple fix thankfully. after pulling and inspecting almost every fuse under the dash and seeing that theyre all perfectly fine, as well as the ones under the hood, i was at a loss. then i remembered about the stupid little clutch switch. jumped that plug with a small spade connector and boom it fired right up. thankfully it didnt seem like there was any damage done to the motor besides a broken radiator. i let it run for a good ten minutes or so and it idled perfectly smooth. what a relief. so now thats taken care of i can officially begin to put this poor thing back together starting with the seats. met up with a guy earlier this week and grabbed a decent set of cloth integra seats that are a little dirty but otherwise in good shape.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
IMG_4194 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_6535 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

slowly piecing crap back together. still need a clockspring for the steering wheel, a radiator, and a fuel door and she'll be operable again. need to get it back on daily duties so i can stop driving my teg everywhere. did manage to scoop up an apexi noir catback for the teg to quiet her down a little. coulnt stand the raw screaming from the skunk 2 megapower that was on there any longer lol.

goodbye megapower...

IMG_4062 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_4061 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

hello peace and quiet lol...

IMG_6510 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_6514 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

the tegs comfy cockpit thats been serving daily duties for the past 1200 miles since its rebuild. the recaros need some cleaning ...

IMG_6500 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Hey man . How's it going ? Any progress on the hatch?
a little but nothing crazy. ive just been trying to get it road worthy before i take it in for inspection. theives destroyed my fuel door for whatever reason and the only one i could find online was from an ek9. i ordered black but they sent me white oh well..

IMG_6643 by evan mclaren, on Flickr
IMG_6685 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

i had to ghetto rig it with some tape to make it close nice and flush. also grabbed a crv cluster for cheap off ebay. it was absolutely filthy but it cleaned up pretty well...

IMG_6621 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

also swapped out the power steering rack that was pouring fluid for a manual one. this was more of a pain in the ass than i anticipated. i ended up having to use a dremel and cut the inlet and outlet fittings to get enough clearance to yank the rack out of the subframe.

IMG_6665 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

all the grime left over from the pump and resevior..

IMG_6663 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

oem grommets and spacer to mate up to the firewall..

IMG_6664 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

also was forced to buy a cheapo radiator off amazon and another bottle thanks to the piece of s**t thieves..

IMG_6672 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

engine bay is still pretty crusty looking. its a beater and it runs so screw it lol. I also went ahead and painted the rusty steelies, raised it up about an inch and corrected some of the rear camber back out. i need to get it up on the alignment rack still but aside from the hazed out headlights and the lack of a radio, its pretty much ready to go. beater mode lol not gonna lie i miss my enkeis :cry:

IMG_6673 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_6679 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

98Ekay

Respected
Looks good. It's getting better keep us posted . Just look forward man I'm sure these dogs that stole your car will have their day. Patience and time my friend . The stellies look good though =) I did mine as well I'll post some pics in my thread . Good to hear from you bud.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
not much of a big deal but i changed/fixed a couple little things on the hatch. a couple weeks ago i got lucky and picked up an integra front subframe complete with lower control arms, sway bar, and steering rack for almost free from a friend who was parting out an integra. even though i had just swapped out the civics original power rack for a manual one, i chose to swap the whole subframe out in favor of using the integra one with the much quicker rack. only parts i needed to purchase were the rear mount that bolts to the subframe and the t-bracket from an eg civic to bridge the gap between that mount and the d series trans.

ek subframe out...

IMG_4614 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

after i replaced the rusted and seized tie rods for the new ones i had recently purchased and bolted the eg t-bracket to the trans, i raised the subframe up into place balanced on my floor jack. with the floor jack maxed out, it brought the subframe within a half inch of the chassis which was perfect for threading the long subframe bolts in by hand.

IMG_4615 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

once that was bolted in place i used a hose barb fitting with some fuel hose and a couple clamps to loop the inlet and outlet on the rack.

IMG_4618 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_4620 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_4621 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

So now with this addition combined with the integra spindles and brakes that were already on the front, i now have complete integra front suspension, brakes, and steering rack on this hatch. the difference with this rack is definitely an improvement over the super slow manual rack.

once all that was done i ordered a set of 205/50 neo gens and threw them on the blades ive had sitting in my garage for a while, realigned the toe, and polished the headlights. overall the car is a little less of an eyesore now. i still have yet to paint the fuel door hahaha

IMG_6815 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_6816 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_6812 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

IMG_6820 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude....the hatch is so ready for en ekk2 k24 swap!!! leave the gsr in the integra!!!!

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
dude....the hatch is so ready for en ekk2 k24 swap!!! leave the gsr in the integra!!!!
You have no idea how much I've been tossing the options around in my head hahaha. But for real tho there's a few reasons I'd rather stick with the Integra. First off the fact that I had wireworx make the harnesses to cater to the Integra is a big reason. I'm not sure if it could be redone for the civic but I wouldn't want to have to get a whole other set of harnesses done. Plus the fact that my Integra is a much cleaner and more deserving chassis for the k. It's already much more of a pleasure to drive than the civic as it is now and I can only imagine how much more fun it would be with some torque. The hatch is a lot more rough around the edges and more suitable as a daily and I think the Gsr heart would be perfect for that. Plus even with just the bseries it would be a hair quicker than the Integra in stock form. I've had this image of how I want the Integra to turn out for a while now and I'm determined haha

98civex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How'd you see them for sale? You friends with him? I would have pretended to be interested, met up and beat the s**t out of him. Seriously hate thieves. So they stole the car, stripped and left it somewhere?

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
How'd you see them for sale? You friends with him? I would have pretended to be interested, met up and beat the s**t out of him. Seriously hate thieves. So they stole the car, stripped and left it somewhere?
Nah I don't know them. A friend of mine spotted my cluster on a local Honda Facebook page the very same day so I searched for posts by that kid and found my seats up on another for sale page. A couple weeks later I saw my wheels posted up by a different kid who is obviously a tight friend of the other kid. I followed their activity on Facebook and noticed another piece of s**t who would comment on every one of their for sale posts. All three of them are friends and have pictures together up on Facebook partying and doing other stupid s**t so there's no doubt in my mind that they were all responsible for stealing my s**t. I don't know them personally but I know who they are and the area they live

98civex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nah I don't know them. A friend of mine spotted my cluster on a local Honda Facebook page the very same day so I searched for posts by that kid and found my seats up on another for sale page. A couple weeks later I saw my wheels posted up by a different kid who is obviously a tight friend of the other kid. I followed their activity on Facebook and noticed another piece of s**t who would comment on every one of their for sale posts. All three of them are friends and have pictures together up on Facebook partying and doing other stupid s**t so there's no doubt in my mind that they were all responsible for stealing my s**t. I don't know them personally but I know who they are and the area they live

Well why don't you make an anonymous name on all civic forums and post their pictures up shaming them and warning people. Use the Internet to make them feel stupid and belittled. Otherwise they'll possible keep doing it to others thinking it's an easy quick way to make money.

How was the car stolen?

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Well why don't you make an anonymous name on all civic forums and post their pictures up shaming them and warning people. Use the Internet to make them feel stupid and belittled. Otherwise they'll possible keep doing it to others thinking it's an easy quick way to make money.

How was the car stolen?
I doubt that these pieces of s**t frequent forums and putting them on blast over Facebook could bring some sort of retaliation that isn't worth dealing with. If I decide to take retribution I'll make sure it counts

98civex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I doubt that these pieces of s**t frequent forums and putting them on blast over Facebook could bring some sort of retaliation that isn't worth dealing with. If I decide to take retribution I'll make sure it counts

Hmm guess you'll just have to stalk and kill them then [emoji57]