2015 Civic First Oil Change Time in Km

Chanandler Bong

New to the site and can't seem to find any Km interval information on when I should change my oil the first time. I'm driving a 2015 Civic EX-L.

I understand the Maintenance Minder, the categories and sub-categories, and how it integrates the driving habits of the owner. I also understand that Honda uses an oil with a higher molybdenum content that is meant to be left in till the first oil change.

My problem is that I accidentally reset the oil life schedule when messing around toggling with trying to find the other sub-categories, which I now know would only appear if I needed maintenance in those areas. Initially, I was going to change the oil around 6500 km because I've never owned a newer car. Obviously now I want to drive further, but I can't seem to find any km intervals suggested for an oil change. I'm really hoping I won't have to go back to the dealership and get them to use the HSD.

I've done about 200 or so km of mountain driving through Banff and back to Calgary as well, which I've read also significantly reduces the oil life. With that in account, I'm hoping you Honda gurus can tell me something that a couple hours of google searching couldn't!

corysam

Bong,
I have a 2015 Civic and I've had the 1st oil change done. The dealer gave me my first oil change free and they recommended doing it at 5,000 miles. I believe that just over 8,000 km. I normally change the oil every 3500 miles or so. Thats around 5,600 km. I've had good luck with engine life by changing it that frequently. hth
corysam

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Generally with newer cars, it's recommend to change it every 5000 miles. Personally, I change it every 4000 or so...