honda civic exhaust noise

lo0n3y

Hi

looking advise

My civic started to have a weird noise when you apply your foot to the accelerator, The noise has got extremely loud when your driving her esp when you are changing gears. Yesterday when I was reversing into the driveway I heard this scrapping noise like something has fallen/dropped.
I think its the exhaust but I'm usure.
The engine management light is on but I was told it was a faulty wire, it came on and when I got the test done it said CAT this part has been replaced but the light continues to say CAT. I took it back to the fella who fixed it and they said that the part they fitted was fine and the light would go off, they sent me to an electrician who told me it was the wire and the light would continue to come on and off but this time the light has said on.

I'm taking it to the mechanic tomorrow but I don't want to be ripped off as ive been ripped off twice now

Thank you

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So my apologize up front... but an electrician is for a house where I am from, do your garages split duties like this? I'd take it to a second shop to validate the others work. Try unhooking the battery for a short period of time/clearing the code to see if that helps your problem. Welcome to the site!!!

lo0n3y

So my apologize up front... but an electrician is for a house where I am from, do your garages split duties like this? I'd take it to a second shop to validate the others work. Try unhooking the battery for a short period of time/clearing the code to see if that helps your problem. Welcome to the site!!!

Thanks for ur reply. Had a moment eariler when I write the comment,I use a man that's works from home he has done work in all my and my boyfriends cars also he came highly recommend from a few garages he's that good. The light is the pain in my arse but it's the exhaust I'm more worried about as I don't want to be told I need the part if I didn't (hope u understand what I'm saying) I have zero idea about cars I should really take a course lol