Engine Cranks, but No Start!

tankerusaf

I have a2001 Honda Civic LX that will turn over, but not start. I recently replaced the fuel strainer, and fuel screen connected to the fuel pump. Reinstalled every and car worked fine for about 3 weeks. Then I would not start. Replaced fuel pump and purge control solenoid valve. Still will not start. Replaced with new starter and still will not fire on. If I spray starter fluid in air flow, it will start then die after 2 seconds. Next I will try fuel relays. Any advice will be grateful! Anyone else have this kind of problem? Thank you for any advice.

soul_popper

Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator? Sometimes it'll drain the fuel rail and won't let the car start or cause long crank times to start up. How's the spark?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

tankerusaf

Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator? Sometimes it'll drain the fuel rail and won't let the car start or cause long crank times to start up. How's the spark?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I have not tried that. I just changed the crankshaft position sensor and that hasn't fixed it. I will check the pressure regulator. Spark is good.

daperez13

Respected
Good info soul_popper!

Yes, check fuel pressure too. Remove one spark plug at a time and with the spark plug wire connected, ground it and visually check the spark. Check your cap, rotor and coil. Perform a compression test on all cylinders and compare them to the recommended specifications. If the engine turns over strong when you attempt to turn the car on, then you can probably rule the starter out. Check the fuel pump fuse and relay.