Knocking Noise when I brake/ Camber kit suggestions

Daniel Aguirre

Hey Community
I have a slight issue. I recently purchased and got installed some Function & Form Type 1. Height is about 2 inches from factory. The issue I have is this, while I break I hear a knocking noise on the right rear passenger side. Not sure if this is caused by the coils or something else entirely? I have my front and rear breaks done about a 2 weeks ago. I encountered this issue just couple of day ago. What is it that could possibly be causing that knocking noise. On another subject since coilovers have been brought up, where my set height is at, is it necessary to get front and rear camber kits? rims I'm on are XXR 531 15X8+20 offset. I afraid of camber wear and also the fear of the tires being eaten up from the inside. Any suggestions on what I should do to correct this? I wanna keep my rims on but if I need to revert back to my stock then I will.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blown cv joint from lowering too much would be my guess.
Camber is not evil, its toe, get that fixed and life will be good.

Daniel Aguirre

Blown cv joint from lowering too much would be my guess.
Camber is not evil, its toe, get that fixed and life will be good.
I see. Well I was able to find out what is was. Its my brake drums. So will getting a toe kit help with my tire being eaten up. Ive only had my coils for about 3 days I was told to wait about a week or 2 before getting an alignment. Is the standard procedure or could I get my alignment a.s.a.p.

MotorMo

Respected
It is a good idea to wait for the suspension to 'settle' before getting a final alignment. That being said, many alignment shops will warranty their alignment for a year. So you could align it now and check it again for free a month down the road, if your shop does warranty their work for that grace period of a year..

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It is a good idea to wait for the suspension to 'settle' before getting a final alignment. That being said, many alignment shops will warranty their alignment for a year. So you could align it now and check it again for free a month down the road, if your shop does warranty their work for that grace period of a year..
This. I got mine aligned after installing, and had to go back for a second alignment a week later. Luckily the shop I went to was generous and did so free of charge.

Daniel Aguirre

I see. I'll wait another week then get my alignment. Once I go to the shop should tell the tech to adjust the toe? Or is that part of the alignment process. I'm just afraid of tire wear. With that being said should I be looking into getting a toe kit, front n rear camber kits, lower control arms? Or are those aren't necessary? Like I said in my thread I'll most likely go back to my si wheels reason being is I want that flush look. Kind of looks odd my tires poking out a bit. Ill post some pics so you can see what the set up looks like.

MotorMo

Respected
No toe kits are needed- dont think I've even heard of such a thing. Most Honda's ( including yours) only have the toe adjustment. So a 4 wheel alignment would adjust all 4 corners of your toe. Dropping your civic 2 inches will give you some negative camber and wear down your tires faster on the inside edge, but your car will feel more planted when you go blazing around a corner. Camber kits are the 'best' approach, so all the angles are exactly the same, and also so fine tune them. You want camber kits, but its not super necessary.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they do make toe kits, but they are not needed. the factory toe adjustment piece works fine. as long as your toe is good you should have normal tire wear.

rear camber kits will help if you are that worried about it, but with just a mild drop you are fine running the natural camber as it should be under -2 degrees.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and on a 6th gen a 15/16x8 +32/38 will sit about flush with the fender without all the retarded camber

Daniel Aguirre

and on a 6th gen a 15/16x8 +32/38 will sit about flush with the fender without all the retarded camber
Well I'm on 15x8 +20 tire stretch though 195/50/15 not sure if that was the best choice of size my car is 2 finger gap front n rear so I guess 2inch drop

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its the +20 offet thats causing you to rub. too low of an offset without cambering the wheels in to clear.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and? you still have to low of an offset to run the wheels without cambering them in to not rub. Get a higher offset or camber the s**t out of them.

Daniel Aguirre

and? you still have to low of an offset to run the wheels without cambering them in to not rub. Get a higher offset or camber the s**t out of them.
I may pick up LS Mesh Wheels or J-Mags if I can get them on a good deal. How high of an offset should look into if I decide to pick up some J-Mags?

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that depends on width. but like i mentioned before, look in between +32 & +38.

i believe stock wheels ls/si etc are around +42