endo617's 98 Civic LX Project: Balance

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Installed my new header, test pipe and o2 sensor

RMF style header with some free J2 header bolts

Comparison with new Denso sensor installed.

In with the new

PLM test pipe, highly recommend it, so awesome for a lot of applications.Didn't get to take a pic of it installed.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shiny! Although, not RMF style ;) RMF is the one that pushes to the right and the 4 runners run together. This is like the Highend Long tube style, just a different collection style. =)

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Shiny! Although, not RMF style ;) RMF is the one that pushes to the right and the 4 runners run together. This is like the Highend Long tube style, just a different collection style. =)
you're talking about RMR narrow, these are modeled after RMF drag header. Sort of wish I got the 1320 ones but too late now.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you're talking about RMR narrow, these are modeled after RMF drag header. Sort of wish I got the 1320 ones but too late now.
Negative sir. This is my old KiddRacing RMF style header. And all the RMF style I've ever seen are like this as well. Buddy has the PLM version on his ITR for a bit.

Trust me, you aren't wishing you got the 1320. They are total junk.

Last edited:

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Interesting. Never seen that before...haha. All good though.

And not against the rep header thing, I ran the Kidd, which was a rep and the PLM, again rep. It's just that 1320 isn't worth the metal it's made of...haha. Every single one I've seen has cracked, normally in under a month.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Interesting. Never seen that before...haha. All good though.

And not against the rep header thing, I ran the Kidd, which was a rep and the PLM, again rep. It's just that 1320 isn't worth the metal it's made of...haha. Every single one I've seen has cracked, normally in under a month.
Hope mine last just enough to get something better, my Kamikaze header were beat, they are being remade by LHT but for a lot higher price and skunk2 makes a similar design but it's 4-1 one piece.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm familiar with Kamikaze, great header for S/C setups. A buddy got one when he was going that route.

There are options out there, but in the budget range, the only one I'd look at is the PLM Toda rep. Beats out so many out there. And I'll not get into Junk2 debates...lol. I just hate everything about them...haha.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
I'm familiar with Kamikaze, great header for S/C setups. A buddy got one when he was going that route.

There are options out there, but in the budget range, the only one I'd look at is the PLM Toda rep. Beats out so many out there. And I'll not get into Junk2 debates...lol. I just hate everything about them...haha.
plan is to get the kamikaze header refurbished in the future, new down pipe tig welded and maybe a ceramic coating. Definitely not parting with them, traded cheap $40 ebay header for them.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
After installing my front subframe and sway bar I started hearing a clunk in the passenger side on potholes. Suspension was preloaded so it masked the problem until I started taking things apart and found out it was my Hard Race extended lower ball joint. 6 years of abuse from street and autox, definitely feel like I got my moneys worth.

I'll be trying these Buddy Club RCA next.

Rented a 4wd Ball Joint press, it worked great last time I used it because they are obviously longer than stock ones.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
i love the brand "OEM"... cracks me up every time i see it.
LOL yeah it's pretty much Great Neck tool anyway.

Remembered I had extra spindles in my storage so prepped for tomorrow after I got out of work. New ARP studs, NTN Bearing, and Buddy Club RCA installed.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Fixed my oil burning from the GSR, solution swapped it out lol.

Themal Gasket for the B20 and my friend gave me what looks like a 1st Gen BLOX manifold, ITR rep for the B20.

Swap TIme

Transmission bottom t bracket bolt stripped

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Almost have my perfect specs, -2 front and -1 rear. Eye balled the rear to -1 by luck.

Finally have the right PS bracket from a CRV, forget it was aluminum.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Found the problem, probably my fault but rigid collar wasn't seated properly. Noise from the subframe is gone right now.

Autox the civic finally, I didn't do bad. The staggered set-up was awesome combined with my new camber, front sway bar and integra pinion. Felt sort of point and shoot, has nice lift off oversteer and enough traction to recover quickly.

Right now I have 5mm spacers because the wheels hit the spindle if I didn't. Going with a 10mm spacer, ARP studs and extended lug nuts.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Bought this awesome shelf on Ebay for $60. Helped with cleaning out my hatchback out to get the interior in and running.

I finally got around to prepping the LSD for this weekend.

I have so many spare parts it's scary