Thinking of picking up a 95 supercharged 2 door..

Intheb0x

Respected
Hey all,
I'm new here and, just seeking some info.
Found a civic locally for sale, I'll post some pics,
It's a 95, 2 door ex fully loaded, supercharged with a Jackson racing SC,
It's really clean 147k, second owner, first owner was 50+and did all the work, I offered 2500$ for it, do you guys thing it's worth it?
Only issues are something rattling in exhaust and needs a new power steering line.
Anything I should look for? Be aware of? Is it worth it?
Thanks everyone!

Attachments

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It might not be a bad pick up at all! Test drive it, run it through all the gears, keep the music off and listen for any weird noises. Find out all the maintenance history on it too. Run a CarFax (not an autocheck).

Also, that's the exact CD deck I have... I do not like it one bit.

And just remember, if it's supercharged, the owner probably wasn't babying it everywhere...

It looks to be in great condition though! Especially for being up here in the north.

Intheb0x

Respected
It might not be a bad pick up at all! Test drive it, run it through all the gears, keep the music off and listen for any weird noises. Find out all the maintenance history on it too. Run a CarFax (not an autocheck).

Also, that's the exact CD deck I have... I do not like it one bit.

And just remember, if it's supercharged, the owner probably wasn't babying it everywhere...

It looks to be in great condition though! Especially for being up here in the north.
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll definitely give it a good drive and see how she runs!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll definitely give it a good drive and see how she runs!
Good luck! Keep us posted. Ask if/when the clutch, water pump, and timing belt were replaced too!

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
do they seem to be a little funky or make noise? if not he most likely has or the parts are still in good shape. you could always ask if hes got receipt/bill and stuff to show you that he actually did. One of the main reason is why i keep a folder filled with all the receipts and parts list and specs sheets just in case i ever did sell my setup and if the new onwer asks i can just give them the folder which would be a proof of everything i said was done

Intheb0x

Respected
I've never owned a Honda before so it's all new to me, but from all the cars locally I've seen most are chopped up turbos or painted some crazy color. This is the most solid yet.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
unfortunately i would have to agree with you on that lol since i'm no exception either, my civic is in 3 colors black pink and blue. all though i would like to do a little bit of tiding up with the wires and hoses to keep that clean engine bay look. you should go for it not so common to see a supercharged honda. i only have one friend that had a supercharged LSVtec in his integra. the car overall is in great shape i think you should go for it. its way to common to see a either all motor setup or a turbo setups in the honda community.

Intheb0x

Respected
unfortunately i would have to agree with you on that lol since i'm no exception either, my civic is in 3 colors black pink and blue. all though i would like to do a little bit of tiding up with the wires and hoses to keep that clean engine bay look. you should go for it not so common to see a supercharged honda. i only have one friend that had a supercharged LSVtec in his integra. the car overall is in great shape i think you should go for it. its way to common to see a either all motor setup or a turbo setups in the honda community.
Yeah I think I'm going to, the guy is older and has been very upfront with me, also I agree I rarely see them this clean let alone with the AC still in the car and working. That's big for me too, I love ac, lol especially with how hot it has been. Plus the price is right I think, he was asking 3500, I offered 2500 and he accepted.
Plus to see one that's loaded with power options is kinda rare as well I think.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
super charged single slammer? thats a nifty little car right there. looks like a good value anywhere near that 2500 mark. the SC is like 1200-1800 itself. new rims and fender youd have a great fun little car do it

Intheb0x

Respected
Thanks everyone for the replies! I'm actually pretty excited and like I said I've looked at so many the last few days and honestly this is the cleanest I found and plus supercharged and done right. The turbos are a dime a dozen, while these are pretty rare.
You can tell it's been taken care of. So hopefully tomorrow is the day I pick her up!

Intheb0x

Respected
So I still haven't gotten the car yet because a issue arose he told me that the shift linkage bushing went out and it was driveable but it was really sloppy to shift.
Common issue? He got a set of polyurethane bushings overnighted from Amazon to fix it and said it's super smooth and tight now. Said that the old bushings looked original.

So tomorrow it's set up after 3pm I'm going to get it FINALLY,!

Intheb0x

Respected
So I picked up the car today, it's great! Only issue is no power steering, the reservoir was bone dry, added some fluid and it was gone by the time I got home, he's been driving it like that he claims for awhile, is it possible to burn the pump out if I keep driving it like that? What should I get? A new power steering pressure hose?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like a leak in the rack, that's a lot of fluid to lose. Get that fixed pronto. Racks are cheap now a days but try to pinpoint the leak and share your findings we will help

Intheb0x

Respected
My question is, if I keep driving the car as is can I burn out the power steering pump or rack.