Keyless entry with aftermarket radio

Stormy2000

Hello. I am new to this. I am wanting to install a aftermarket keyless entry and i have an aftermarket radio and i know i have an keyless harness behind my radio. Any advice/help

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not sure there's much of any benefit to tapping into the stock keyless entry wiring. Unless someone here explains otherwise, if you go aftermarket and plan to install it yourself then just wire it up as directed and forget that harness. OR... find a factory radio belonging to a keyless-entry Civic model (with the security code) and plug it in then hide the unit behind your current headunit. If you go aftermarket, I suggest it being one with a remote start option and/or a two-way pager alarm system.

faster_thn_hell

Consummate Honda Dork
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The easiest way to have keyless entry is to use the OEM system. Just plug it in and go. If you want to splice wires or have more features, choose any aftermarket system that you like and follow their instructions. What year is your Civic? You may already have keyless entry and not know it.

Stormy2000

The easiest way to have keyless entry is to use the OEM system. Just plug it in and go. If you want to splice wires or have more features, choose any aftermarket system that you like and follow their instructions. What year is your Civic? You may already have keyless entry and not know it.
Its a 1998 and i know for a fact that i have keylees entry i just dont have a reciever

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please clarify that statement because its not making sense that you started a thread wanting to add aftermarket keyless entry while now admitting you still have keyless entry. Or did you mean to say you have the keyless wiring but not the original radio unit which has the keyless entry unit built into it? If so, then I already answered this earlier.