MYDAYLY's EJ8 Build

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
So I've been working 15-20 hour shifts pretty regularly lately so I've been forced to come to a halt in modding my car. The good news is I'm only about $5000 or so away from being damn near finished with this project and the money is really starting to come in now. I may take a break in any mods for a while and then get all the big ticket mods out of the way in one shot! Like paint job, engine swap, and exhaust.

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Yah yah yah I know I said I was taking a break but I got a couple days off from work. And I'll be quitting soon to go to school for my CDL here in the next couple weeks. This new job has helped me save up the $$$ I need. Anyway, I ordered these lugs from passwordjdm.com and had to slap them on with my new (To me) air compressor and impact wrench.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I also got some love from EJSquad on the Insta

image.jpeg

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Okay so now that I've taken a bit of a hiatus I've bought a hoist in preparation for a swap : image.jpeg

And if everything goes well I'll be purchasing my buddy's JDM b16A2
In the next week or 2. I'm very excited as to this being my first swap. I'm planning on daily-ing this.

image.jpeg

***** UPDATE *****

I didn't end up buying my buddy's b16. He didn't want to sell it after all. His friend wanted to sell me a b18 head on a b20 block but he wanted more than I was willing to spend. So I'm stuck with this d16 until I figure out what I'm going to do

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
So today I was a tad bit bored.
Not much more than usual, but bored enough. I forgot that I had ordered these washers for my valve cover like 4 months ago and never got around to installing them.
They didn't come with any directions so I just worked through it to the best of my ability. I had complications with these, surprisingly.
I got it all figured out in an hour or so.

BEFORE:

image.jpeg

AFTER:

image.jpeg

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
So I sold my Clover Green Coupe and a week later bought another... Clover Green Coupe! Only difference this one has no spoiler on the trunk, has a short shifter, full exhaust and coilovers.

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
image.jpeg image.jpeg Removed the paint from my strut bars today!!

I just gotta polish them up now.

but they came out like this:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
So on this day of beautiful sunshine and s**t I decided I'm going to remove this broken valve cover bolt that snapped off when I over tightened it because I have gorilla strength.

I purchased this drill bit kit called "Speed Off" from Home Depot for around $9. Came with simple instructions.

It supposively lets you create a new thread in the head of the stripped screw or, in my case, the bolt itself and remove the bolt entirely.

All I know is that it f**kin worked.

image.jpeg

Here is the broken bolt circled in red :

image.jpeg

Got my drill out:
image.jpeg

After using the speed out :

image.jpeg

Got the pliers out and removed the broken bolt :

image.jpeg

Here's the lil bugga :

image.jpeg

Finished product in red! :

image.jpeg

Last edited:

MYDAYLY

Respected
5+ Year Member
Today is the start of a 3 day weekend from my CDL training class so I decided I'd polish those front and rear strut tower bars I purchased a while back. When school is over, I'll be able to make more progress.

Finished product :

image.jpeg

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Hey buddy could you please post close up detailed pictures of the back seat locking mechanism and the rods that attach. Mine are missing and I have all the pieces just forgot to get pictures before I took it apart.Thank you.