Spoiler LED replacement

crowne

Hi, I have a 1999 Honda Civic SIR. The spoiler led needs to be replaced. I called the dealer and they said it's discontinued. I noticed Alpinetech carries after market led spoiler lights. They have the CH1350 and CH-1351A, not sure what the difference is between the two. Anyone got there's replaced and where did you buy from?

faster_thn_hell

Consummate Honda Dork
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it was me, I'd try fixing the LED brake light. LEDs don't normally wear out easily unless their power supply is incorrect. Could be a resistor. Anyway, I'd take it apart, diagnose the problem and fix it. At worst, you put in all new LEDs. Costs less than purchasing the assembly. Maybe throw one or two blue LEDs in there while you're at it. XD

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If it was me, I'd try fixing the LED brake light. LEDs don't normally wear out easily unless their power supply is incorrect. Could be a resistor. Anyway, I'd take it apart, diagnose the problem and fix it. At worst, you put in all new LEDs. Costs less than purchasing the assembly. Maybe throw one or two blue LEDs in there while you're at it. XD
Welcome back! lol.
I agree though, might want to verify that it's not just a wiring issue somewhere.