New guy here

xGearHeadx

Whats up? My name is kevin I've been messing with cars for as long as I can remember, been working on cars professionally as an automotive technician for various dealerships in cincinnati for the past 12 years, built my first high performance based car 10 years ago. I currently hold multiple ASE certifications, as well as being Nissan certified, formerly volkswagen, subaru, and Toyota certified.

Just recently, (monday) purchased my first honda ever (95 civic sedan 5 speed) and am very interested to see what kind of power I can push out of this thing, even though it won't even be drivable til next week due to a cracked radiator and I just don't have the time this week to get it up and running

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome. Look forward to seeing the progress you make on the sedan.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome: Post some pictures of what you're working with. What ideas do you have so far?

xGearHeadx

Haha no one wants to see it as it is now. I bought it towed it home and haven't had time to touch it so it's an absolute wreck from the previous owner inside and out. It's gonna need a lot of tlc but my primary concern is to just get it running right now. Eventually I wanna lower it, turbo it Mayne swap to a different engine. Short throw shifter, better clutch than what's in there now. I haven't really set any ideas in stone as I'm more so focused on just getting it in decent shape and going from there. (Owner took exhaust from cat back I'm assuming to scrap it he looked like a rather questionable individual)

xGearHeadx

Probably tomorrow, I'll go out there and take some pictures of it.

I do have a quick question, on the right rear quarter panel just under the tail light, there's a body piece missing where the lock cylinder for the trunk is. Anyone have any clue where I can find that piece? Or what the actual name of it is called?

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They all start somewhere. Mine sits like so after ive done some cheap/free fixes and some maintenance. $800 running and driving. Im still under $1,000 into it. And its got a long way to go.