92 civic complete exhaust swap

Eric Fliger

Hello Honda peeps,

I have a stock 1992 civic hb dx with only a short ram air intake on it. I want to replace the whole exhaust system to let it breathe better - power, etc. I want the Flowmaster cat and super 60 muffler for sure. I'm looking for header advice (reasonable price) ..rest of the exhaust pipes can be replaced by mechanic i'm sure.

Please thoughts opinions below ASAP

Looking to do this REAL SOON =)

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DC still makes a decent header, or look for the 99-00 d16y8 header/manifold.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hope you're aware that you will get no power gains and only potential sound improvement by changing the header & cat on a stock DX engine. That includes having that current short ram intake. Do you have any engine mod plans to justify a full exhaust upgrade?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, you'll notice a slight at best difference. If you want more power, I would recommend forced induction (if the motor is healthy) or a complete motor swap.

I know when I purchased my I/H/E combo, after all was said and done, I was a little disappointed. I even did a mini-me motor swap after that, and was still disappoint despite bolting on 30hp. You'll get 5-10hp at best from an I/H/E combo. These motors aren't meant for power, they're meant for fuel efficiency.

Eric Fliger

I hope you're aware that you will get no power gains and only potential sound improvement by changing the header & cat on a stock DX engine. That includes having that current short ram intake. Do you have any engine mod plans to justify a full exhaust upgrade?

It's my daily driver. I just want the car to breathe better, and sound better too I suppose. It's in super good condition, and i don't want to ruin the piece of Honda history. The car for a 1992 is in miraculous condition. I want to preserve that, so I'm keeping it tuned well and bolt-on.