1998 Civic Hatchback project car

Taran Mangat

Hey everyone,

this is my first post and I have a 1998 Honda Civic Hatchback which I am going to use strictly as a project car. Nothing has been done to it currently and my goal is to have it looking something like the pic I posted.

It currently has a stock engine and I would like to swap it out for an engine a little more powerful, so it makes atleast a decent amount of power without having to get it turbo charged and what not. What type of engine do you guys think I should get and how much can i get for?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you've already done research, which I hope you have, then you should already know that budget and power goals are needed. Anything you can think of about potential engine swaps has been covered in repetition so get to it. Once you've narrowed it down then post your findings and thoughts here to get further direction.

Be advised that this is not a spoon-fed friendly forum because there is an overabundance of available info. Post sone pictures of your current Civic. Good luck.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Be advised that this is not a spoon-fed friendly forum because there is an overabundance of available info. P.

bullsh*t.

new guy, ask any question you want. i will answer it even if i do the research for you, welcome and most of the members who are active are pretty helpful.

great swap options are the B series motor, abundant lots of support and easy to fix when you break it.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take it easy, buzz. I didn't say everyone was like that.

Taran Mangat

bullsh*t.

new guy, ask any question you want. i will answer it even if i do the research for you, welcome and most of the members who are active are pretty helpful.

great swap options are the B series motor, abundant lots of support and easy to fix when you break it.
THanks alot man, I'll look into that

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
+1 for a B-series swap. If you have a higher budget and a good bit of mechanic skills you can look into a K-series swap.