Paint & Bumper Advice: 2000 Civic coupe

Igloo

Hey guys, new here. Anyway I currently own a 2000 Civic Em1 coupe, looking for a respray as some of the paint is peeling off. Also the rear and front bumper dosen't seem to be fitting very well sort of the corners are not so attached anymore?? like just a small gap between the bumper and the body itself.
Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how much it would cost for a respray (Same color, black respray) and maybe to fix the bumpers? Plan to tinker with the car abit; if you guys have any advice or pointers on what to do first would be great as well . Sorry for a wordy post still a complete noob at this, thank you for your help!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Repainting a car can vary depending on your area along with if there are absolutely any dents and how badly the clear and paint are worn or pealing as it all adds to prep work hours. Then factor in the quality of clear and paint you select. So make the time to pass by a few local shops for estimates as any legitimately good place will ask to see the car for an accurate estimate. Doing so will also teach you a bit of what painting a car really entails so you can better understand how paint jobs can range from $1000 to $4000 or higher. I do not count Maaco basic jobs in the few hundreds of dollars because those use poor quality products with little to no prep.

As for the bumper fitment, it could be due to loosened clips, bents tabs, natural sag from years of driving, or other things. Try to adjust the fitments yourself and if you find it doesnt improve much then you may want to consider ordering new OEM bumpers to ensure tight fitment. Aftermarket bumpers can have a tendency not to fit as well as OEM bumpers.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Repainting a car can vary depending on your area along with if there are absolutely any dents and how badly the clear and paint are worn or pealing as it all adds to prep work hours. Then factor in the quality of clear and paint you select. So make the time to pass by a few local shops for estimates as any legitimately good place will ask to see the car for an accurate estimate. Doing so will also teach you a bit of what painting a car really entails so you can better understand how paint jobs can range from $1000 to $4000 or higher. I do not count Maaco basic jobs in the few hundreds of dollars because those use poor quality products with little to no prep.

As for the bumper fitment, it could be due to loosened clips, bents tabs, natural sag from years of driving, or other things. Try to adjust the fitments yourself and if you find it doesnt improve much then you may want to consider ordering new OEM bumpers to ensure tight fitment. Aftermarket bumpers can have a tendency not to fit as well as OEM bumpers.
@Igloo This is about the best advice you're going to find :thumbs up