This is "MY BUILD" INSPIRATION

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lil update. My harness showed up. Really pleased with the quality of Carlos (cjswiring) work. Went ahead and de-pinned the injector clips and threw in the RDX clips. Also went and looked at a transmission a guy had for sale but didn't really trust his word so went the extra mile and had my builder open up the case before buying it and boy was it bad. Guy must of left it outside because it was filled with water and started to rust. Suck because all the gears and guts were in mint condition minus the corrosion. So the hunt for a transmission continues. While I was at the shop Johnny showed me the progress he made on getting the long block back together. Just a few more things and she's good to go. Should be picking it up this weekend. Also have to get a K-tuned thermostat housing since I broke my OEM one plus the harness is wired to have the coolant sensor/Fan switch there.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that sucks about the trans, but good progress!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All ready for me just gotta pick it up this weekend.

68Camaro

Respected
I have no idea how I've never seen this thread, but this car is absolutely bad ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have no idea how I've never seen this thread, but this car is absolutely bad ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Really appreciate your kindness. It's been a up and down hill battle. Never thought it would take this long but I'm not giving up.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update- picked up a type s half shaft after buying a AT half shaft by accident on eBay. Also grabbed a k20 crank sensor.

So I ended up buying a new scooter last week for $200 and sold it today for $500. A hour later found a ad for a type s transmission a few towns away and went and grabbed it. Paid $500 so I guess flipping the scooter was worth it. Going to pick up the long block in the morning and going to have my builder take a look at the transmission and see if it needs anything just to be safe. I trust the guy I got it off of. He's apart of a local racing team and they always have legit race cars that run at the top of their game so I have high hopes that it will be fine. It goes in all the gears and the input shaft spins like butter so that's a good sign. Just have to clean it really good.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Picked up the motor this morning. Left the transmission with Johnny so he can open it up and make sure everything is in good working conditions

Last edited:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That, "I'm happy as f**k but I'm going to try to look chill" face

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That, "I'm happy as f**k but I'm going to try to look chill" face

Happy ain't the word man. But I still have some work ahead of me lol.

Decided to paint the block to make it look refreshed. Didn't spend to much time doing it but satisfied with the outcome.

Mocked up the engine harness and had to make a new spacer for my fuel rail to work with the RDX injectors. Also threw the alternator on.

Last edited:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Picked up a slightly used K-Tuned 80mm throttle body with RBC adapter plates. Man is there a ton of material to port. If anyone has any recommendations as to what bit to use let me know. All I have is my dremel but I know I need some kind of carbide diamond bit.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used my dremel as well.....TOOK HOURS, but it worked. I used the aluminum oxide grinding stones.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the info Kerry. I picked up a carbide bit this morning. I'm going to grab a few more from work and go to town.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
After some all day porting. Not the best job but it gets the job done. My first time porting ever.

Last edited:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got some updates on the transmission from my builder. As I said I had him look at it to make sure everything was A1 so if it wasn't I could get new parts to get it in good working conditions. I'll be glade to report that everything looks great. So he will just clean it up and seal it back together which means I can focus on what's left to get this thing in the car.

Got off work early today and had some time to throw on the flywheel and clutch. Competition Clutch Ultra light steel flywheel and Stage 4 "6 puck" clutch kit.

Last edited:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Picked up some supplies to make the charge harness.

What I plan to make

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Went and picked up my transmission today. I degreased it using oven cleaner and then power washed what was left. Laid down some primer and paint then slapped it on. Man how long I've been waiting for this sight.

What would be working on your car if nothing goes wrong. I was messing around trying to start my charge harness and snapped the copper stud that you attach the charge harness to on the alternator. But I have a solution. I'm going to make the insulator shorter so enough of the leftover stud is exposed to be able to screw onto.

Here is what I'll have to throw on the lathe and cut back

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ran into work this morning to make the adjustment needed to fix the alternator.

Went ahead and threw on the transmission mount

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Being that I have a 80mm throttle body that's going to be very sensitive I wanted to make sure I had a TPS that was going to give me the best drivability since the car will get driven pretty much everywhere and every day. After some quick research I found out about Acuity and their company. After hearing from a few people who run their TPS and going on their website I decided this was the best bang for my buck with great results.