D16Y7 swapping motor from manual donor car

deezcivic

Hi guys I'm new to the forums and I'm starting out with a 98 civic that was given to me by my uncle. I'm really interested in learning about how to work on cars which is a good skill to have.

Now the car has a blown engine and I was told that all I had to do is get another and swap in a new one. I was able to get ahold of another d16y7 but it was off a manual civic but my civic is automatic.

My question is, is there anything else I have to watch out for? Wirings? Electrical? That needs to be swapped from the auto to the manual engine? Or is it a straight swap and swap out the transmission parts and I'm good to go? Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deezcivic

No it's not a transmission swap, but an engine swap but with the same y7, One coming from a manual civic and into my automatic civic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daperez13

Respected
The keyword in HeX's post is "searching".

I did a quick search myself and immediately found some vague answers. I'm sure you would find a definitive answer with more in-depth searching.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That really should be all you need. All the wiring, parts, etc. should all be the same.

Krukowskid

So you should read somewhere, where is IACV.

1. Take out your old engine. I don't know how its going with automatic, but in manual transmission civic i prefer to take out engine with intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and transmission as one piece.

2. Screw new engine with old manifolds, and transmission

3. Put it back to your car

When everything is outside its nice to clean your engine bay and rest of things. You can also look at your sensor and connectors if they have any wear.
Just do it and tell us if everything went ok.