Muffler Broke: suggestions?

DeviousJuney

So as i was driving down a peaceful area i heard a cracking noise it was loud soo i looked at my mirrors and noticed there was a pipe left behind then i heard like i was dragging something and turns out i broke my muffler..anyone know a good cheap muffler kit with an exhaust ( i like burnt tip exhausts) for more HP? (That can pass me for inspection/ Registration) or should i just go buy an OEM muffler kit and have that installed until after the inspection / Registration? then get a full Header/Muffler/exhaust? if so where can i buy some good brands? and where can i buy OEM Mufflers?

20160828_151544.jpg 20160828_151506.jpg

daperez13

Respected
It's my understanding that exhausts do not need to meet any local emissions or regulations, with the exception of noise in db levels of course, for you to purchase one.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you have a stock engine then no muffler will give you any performance improvement, only potential sound improvement. FYI, exhaust systems dont create more power but free up restricted performance already produced by the engine.

Save yourself money and order a solid quality muffler (MagnaFlow, Flowmaster 60, etc.) and have a muffler shop install it along with some basic pipes & a standard resonator. For better suggestions, state your year model & tranny type. Auto trans cars arent worth much effort with regards to upgrades.

DeviousJuney

If you have a stock engine then no muffler will give you any performance improvement, only potential sound improvement. FYI, exhaust systems dont create more power but free up restricted performance already produced by the engine.

Save yourself money and order a solid quality muffler (MagnaFlow, Flowmaster 60, etc.) and have a muffler shop install it along with some basic pipes & a standard resonator. For better suggestions, state your year model & tranny type. Auto trans cars arent worth much effort with regards to upgrades.
well i just got a whole new stock muffler, the car sounds so quiet and smooth now lol. but can getting new headers + exhaust be enough performance? since my stock muffler is brand new lol