1995 civic: changed head, cranks long then dies

EJ1ballenonbudget

Hey guys long time civic owner new to this online ..so my d1.5b7 got back from la next day home from work blew head replace head myself and now she takes about 15 sec crank and start but die after 4 sec i cant figure this out i have 350000 on motor so any ideas or any one have a exact motor i can buy that runs thanks ..dan

Also replaced spark plugs ignition coil

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You may not have received any replies yet because your post is along run-on that isnt very clear. Misspellings in the title dont encourage attention either, so Ill fix that. Consider cleaning up your first post and add some better details.

I assume you mean the engine had 350,000 miles on it. Did it run well before? Did you blow the head gasket or the head itself, and how? Did you inspect for damaged internals? Are you sure all the grounds are tight, making good contact? Did you replace the head with a D15B7 as well or other? Are you sure the timing is set properly? Did you change the cap & rotor? What brand of plugs did you use? Have you checked for check-engine codes?

Jonathan62019

Respected
this happened to me after i changed my head gasket and used the old intake manifold gasket. made it suck air. changed the intake manifold gasket and it fixed problem. if you did put new gasket maybe it slid down on you or you didnt get intake tight enough? just some suggestions

daperez13

Respected
You may not have received any replies yet because your post is a long run-on that isn't very clear. Misspellings in the title dont encourage attention either, so Ill fix that. Consider cleaning up your first post and add some better details.

I assume you mean the engine had 350,000 miles on it. Did it run well before? Did you blow the head gasket or the head itself, and how? Did you inspect for damaged internals? Are you sure all the grounds are tight, making good contact? Did you replace the head with a D15B7 as well or other? Are you sure the timing is set properly? Did you change the cap & rotor? What brand of plugs did you use? Have you checked for check-engine codes?
I don't mind giving advise or my opinion but the above (outlined in bold) are some of the reasons why I don't even read most of these threads. These people are pretty lucky to have someone like you taking the time to edit, fix and reply to a lot of them. Kudos to you man! People need to help themselves first by fixing the above so we can provide better suggestions.

Reactions: HeX

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't mind giving advise or my opinion but the above (outlined in bold) are some of the reasons why I don't even read most of these threads. These people are pretty lucky to have someone like you taking the time to edit, fix and reply to a lot of them. Kudos to you man! People need to help themselves first by fixing the above so we can provide better suggestions.
I really appreciate the acknowledgement. Thanks. I'm glad at least a few members appreciate it & understand what helps & what doesn't.

For the sake of forum rules, lets leave that there to stay on topic and see if the OP replies at some point.