Fog light switch wiring

chillin_pete

The switch for my fog burnt out and i bought a replacement. it has 5 pins and the foglight has 4 wires: 1 black, 2 red, and 1 yellow. I got the basics checked off black is ground
and have it already wired to the pin. I am trying to set it up that the switch light only turns on when the lights are on. I tried putting the two reds together but still a no go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 12.02.18 AM.png IMG_4767.JPG

Brandon Friederich

The switch for my fog burnt out and i bought a replacement. it has 5 pins and the foglight has 4 wires: 1 black, 2 red, and 1 yellow. I got the basics checked off black is ground
and have it already wired to the pin. I am trying to set it up that the switch light only turns on when the lights are on. I tried putting the two reds together but still a no go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

View attachment 28220 View attachment 28221
The Black is in fact ground. The two red wires are to power each light and the yellow is your accessory wire. If you want them to come on with the headlights then you dont need a switch. Just tap the wires in to the headlight wires.

Last edited: