2000 Dx Sedan Exhaust

Falltumn

Every year I run into the same issue, exhaust leak. Enough is enough and I would like to get a SS set-up. Exhaust manifold has had a small Crack as usual since I've owned the car so I'm looking to replace everything. Headers back. I've looked all over and the speed daddy has everything I'm looking for for 170$ range. Too good to be true? Reviews are mostly good that I can find with some bad. Would it be worth spending few hundred more for anot her company such as yonaka? Or spend even more for a Magnaflow. Even though most the companies I've looked at use T-304 SS, some say the welds crack, rust out over time which makes me nervous once again that I will have to spend more money to fix the exhaust. I don't care too much about the sound, as long as it sounds like I don't have leaks and holes everywhere!

I'm sure this has been covered before here and there, but after searching for half a day all I'm left with is more questions and more of a headache.

Thank you in advance!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Who's the speed daddy? $170 is cheap.

Honestly, find yourself a cheap header, and take your car to a local muffler shop to have something custom welded on. Yonaka is good, Magnaflow is better though. But if you're not worried about sound, and just want it to work and last, see what's locally available to you.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't forget you will need a new cat also since you will be replacing the header. Certain types of stainless rust so do your research before you buy a kit, there are so many different types (304,403,316,416,309, just to name a few) if I remember right 403 is least likely to rust.

Get ready to spend close to a grand for a good quality kit, you can find prebent mandrel tube kits online for like 2-400$ then you will need a cat for under the car so a universal weld on one should be 150$, you will want a long resonator (or two) which should run about 80$, muffler of your choice 50-200$ and then labor to have it welded up.

Or just keep buying junk and replace it every couple years and deal with the crappy drone noises

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
:welcome:

Who's the speed daddy? $170 is cheap.

Honestly, find yourself a cheap header, and take your car to a local muffler shop to have something custom welded on. Yonaka is good, Magnaflow is better though. But if you're not worried about sound, and just want it to work and last, see what's locally available to you.
speed daddy is brand on ebay

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
ususally those brand exhaust piping wall is rather really really thin while all the high priced exhaust brand are made with much thicker walled pipes. I noticed the same thing with intercooler pipings

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agtee with Diana & MC360. "Speed Daddy", from what I looked up, just seems like someone created a name for the same cheap quality generic products on eBay. Just keep sonething in mind: you'll never find a single reputable build using bottom dollar pricing. If its not cheap due to a sale or great deal then theres a reason why its priced so low.