CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those damn wilwood kits for the rear are more money that a lot of front bbk's. They would look pretty badass behind those wheels tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah, its pricey compared to oem upgrade kits. Some of the really beefy fronts are crazy priced. That's why im sticking to wilwood front and rear lol. ICB has some insane priced bbk's

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
yeah, its pricey compared to oem upgrade kits. Some of the really beefy fronts are crazy priced. That's why im sticking to wilwood front and rear lol. ICB has some insane priced bbk's
Yeah they're no alcons or project mu's or something lol. I can't even imagine how brakes like that would even feel. I'm still surprised how much of a dif there was stepping up to itr calipers from stock Gsr and they're still single piston haha

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah they're no alcons or project mu's or something lol. I can't even imagine how brakes like that would even feel. I'm still surprised how much of a dif there was stepping up to itr calipers from stock Gsr and they're still single piston haha

Man, the dynalite calipers i originally had stop ridiculous! I love the feel of them. I can't wait to see what they feel like now that I have soft tires. Ill really be able to brake even harder on the bigger dynapro calipers i'm using now.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
I bet it was a huge change going from the stock civic calipers too haha. How is the pedal travel though? Is it significantly longer with the wilwoods? You're still on the stock master right?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bet it was a huge change going from the stock civic calipers too haha. How is the pedal travel though? Is it significantly longer with the wilwoods? You're still on the stock master right?

Pedal travel is very similar to stock and even the pedal feel. It's just very effortless to stop now. The wilwood bbk is designed to work with the original master and prop valve with their vehicle specific kits, so that's why I haven't changed anything and braking is just fine.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The dynapro beefy calipers installed, waiting on some fresh pads to come in soon.

I thought my Work cr01 were lightweight until I held these!

The caliper actually sits really close to touching the barrel of the wheel, not very much space between the caliper and the tape weights now that tires are mounted.

I'm excited to ride around on these things!

Picked up some DevSport side skirt splitters

just a random rear shot

Both of my money pits

Replaced my front and rear bumpers. Both of which need paint, but that can wait since the whole car needs body work and paint anyway. My rear bumper has always had damage and my front bumper was cracked and torn off on the passenger side earlier this year. That was one of my reasons for taking the car apart instead of driving the car with it all falling to pieces slowly.

I Should get new coilovers in, yet another thing I wanted to upgrade, sometime this week. I'll finally be able to put the car back on the ground. I'm excited.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow nice man. Those wheels look so good on the car. It's just flows really well. Can't wait to hear your review on the tires.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Love it! I'm thinking about that DPHA kit if I tackle a brakes project.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Love it! I'm thinking about that DPHA kit if I tackle a brakes project.
I would go with bigger brakes and better caliper too. I DO NOT have dpha calipers. Go up to at least an 11" rotor setup like what a CTR and ITR uses and an appropriate caliper from that point. DPHA is for 10.2" rotors

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally got around to installing the MTEC race springs and did a little walkthrough video on my youtube, even though there's tons of write ups of the install online.

And I got these things in and thrown on the car. Very nice upgrade over my function and form type 1.

This thing has been in the air for half a year. I know why I took the car apart, but I don't want to do that to myself again. It was driving me nuts not driving the car.

Going to raise the car up from here

passenger rear fitment

[/url]

can't wait to get the rest of my exterior replaced, body work done, and paint.

Currently having a little coolant issue where it's building up serious pressure whenever I drive the car hard. If I just drive normal, it's fine. Going to replace the radiator cap and check the thermostat.

Just a couple of random pictures for me, to motivate me towards the next couple of goals.

I had sent my compressor housing off to be powdercoated in a chrome like finish to try to match my polished pieces. It's more dull in comparison, but it's a lot better than the black coating the housing had when I got it.

Now I need to send the turbo off to precision to have it rebuilt

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
new radiator cap and a shift knob I should've had in my collection forever ago

Feels weird taking pics outside of my garage haha.

And here I sit.

Currently waiting on a few more reconstruction pieces from all the damn and minor s**t that went wrong over the last year. Replacement exhaust piping kit from KTeller, new Desno o2 sensor, a RMD starter, a few clamps from vibrant and I'm going to try out the ultra silent resonator this time around.

Also i'm debating on continuing with hood exit for turbo or not. My up pipe, isn't exactly how I wanted it to be and I don't want to change my car around to work with the piping. So I may end up with a traditional exhaust.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So when you drive it again will everything be fixed that you wanted when you put it on stands?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So when you drive it again will everything be fixed that you wanted when you put it on stands?
I've already been driving it and everything I wanted to sort out is knocked out except for the exhaust. I just got my piping kit in for the exhaust but I want to do it a little different this time around. The things I set out to change/correct were;

wheels...I was sort of forced to pick up cheap road rashed NT03 wheels because I needed something to clear my BBK that didn't break the bank and got a good deal from HMO.

brake calipers...The dynalite calipers are good, but not as good as I wanted them to be, so I've upgraded to the dynapro 4pot that are quite a bit stronger and overall better.

tires...yokohama S drives just didn't handle the increasing output like I liked. It would take until 7500rpm in 3rd gear before I got full grip and it would still chirp in 4th and 5th as well. I just wanted something that could manage the power much better so I went up to NT01's.

coilovers...The function and form type 1s never did me wrong on the street but they were too soft for what I wanted, so in came the Ktuned K1 coilovers with 32 way dampening. Much smoother than before and they handle the body roll far better than before.

exhaust...non documented, one night out, a hanger on my exhaust broke off leaving a hole in the piping and also causing my entire exhaust to drag along the ground at highway speeds. This obviously ruined the piping and also burnt my rear bumper from making the muffler lay against it. Which brings me to....

rear and front bumpers...the rear obviously from being melted by the muffler, and my front bumper hand been torn in the passenger upper corner and rigged up to somewhat stay on the car for quite awhile. As long as I could drive the car, I would neglect spending money on something simple like a bumper because I'm not that concerned with the look. Fitting a broken bumper got under my skin eventually.

New water pump, battery, and starter...my water pump was going out so that was a must, my battery had trouble with cold starts and my starter was seizing up and making starts harder even with a jump.

Now that I've replaced all those things and those details are sorted out, I feel much better with progressing with the build rather than ignoring all those issues and annoyances like I had been. I keep telling myself I want to get back to the point I was at right when my K first got tuned. It was 100% problem free, nothing rigged up, nothing to do but to enjoy driving it.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn I've been away for a long time...and for good reason, but bad reasons for me personally. Long story short....lack of funds and work. So bad that some of my build is starting to go in reverse, but hopefully I can get back out of this hole and keep moving forward. Here's a few pics from october to now....

Just cleaned up the car a little bit and set it aside while I get money straight

Don't mind the replaced front and rear bumper as well as the CTR grill. I need paint everywhere and I needed to replace those items as my originals were all jacked up.

Kept going on late night drives around town to enjoy the new suspension and make some new YouTube material for my channel.

My good friend Isidro and his NA FA5 also tuned by JTran

Did a vlog of that day with my buddy, so you can see the little irritations I've been dealing with

The end of October I got my replacement exhaust piping in to redo my exhaust. My original KTeller setup had a bad hanger on it that broke off one day and caused me to drag my piping on the ground at highway speeds, so that totally ruined it. It's also part of the reason I have a new rear bumper since the muffler ended up against the bumper and melted it a bit.

Turbo stuff.....now seemingly a lost cause....

Vanjens and transitions I plan on using with charge piping

Also picked up a brand new starter. Mine was slowly dying on me

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More random pics

[/url]

Then I sort of tucked my car away and have been spending more time around my friends cars and doing videos

One of my friends' new engine setup. 62's on a 4piston head and high compression. Should be nuts since his car is light weight.

and another friend of mine with a carbon fiber CRX got a new pro163 head for a new setup he's building. So i'm once again, the slowest K in our little circle lol.

To pass time, I would randomly bolt up the turbo stuff I had to sort out how I wanted everything to be.

Did a little personal review/opinion of my race spec shifter and tried to bring up a few questions I usually get DM'd about

and that's basically been it. I'm currently on a job hunt, so clearly with a family I can't be wasting time on my coupe. Money has gotten a bit tight lately and I even sold my turbo...so now I'm one step further away from completing that as well. 2017.....off to horrible start

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keep your head up man. You're doin the right thing even if it makes you feel terrible. You'll be back at it in no time!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Keep your head up Kerry. Things will get better.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good luck on the hunt good sir. It is tough out there, especially with the added stress of thinking of your family. But you know what's important and what isn't. Our toys are great, but always the first to go to take care of our loved ones. Head up and push though. The car will be there when you get back on your feet and you feel its ok to move forward with, even if its catch up from selling some things.